Quality Carriers

2,8Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 332 evaluaciones

Everyday is different which is nice to me

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Everyday is different. But a lot to learn pay depends on location of terminal. Learned alot in training but the actual job will throw you curve balls.

Could be better

The pay is good. If you don’t need too much home time, this is the place for you. I can’t do it because we work 14hr days 90% of the time. If they would listen to the drivers and some ideas we have to make our job better, it could be more productive company and turnover wouldn’t be so high. Communication is a big issue in the office. Drivers can’t properly do our job if management isn’t on top of things. For example, assigning dirty trailers, giving incorrect pickup/jj delivery time. Even scheduling the loads is bad. Its hard on anybody to work 14hrs a day, take a 10hr break, and get back to work. Also don’t like how new drivers get treated better than the old drivers. They get different pay packages and weekends off.

Pros

Pay

Home time/ long hours

Stressful, unclear career directions

Stayed on during a buyout from another company. Never given a specific job title until a few months before my position was "phased out". Was told at various times a plan, only to find out after asking numerous times the plan was changed. Typical work day was like the weather in the south, it could be calm or a hurricane. Terminal staff treated lower than other employees, certain types of employees were treated as more valuable than others. Example: Drivers received anniversary gifts as others got nothing.Not all bad, benefits were good & opportunities to relocate. Could train for other positions, didn't mean you would be put in that position.

7 julio 2022
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us, and we want you to know that your candid feedback is heard. Please feel free to email us at hr@qualitycarriers.com so we can better understand your particular concerns.

Pay not as promised by recruiter. Pay is often flat rate instead of by the miles.

Many start times are early mornings about 04:00.pre loaded trailers are seldom in terminal yard.Most pre loaded are in Euclid,Oh meaning you need to drive about 1 hour to hook to and inspect loaded trailer. Terminal manager is never available for help before 08:00 or after 17:00. After hours support is sometimes not available.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The best thing is you can work remote or hybrid!!

I worked at Quality Carriers for several years. As my time there progressed, good management started to deteriorate and there were times when I didn't want to go to work. My manager micromanaged as soon he was given the position; he had an unprofessional attitude and lazy he delegated everything to us, it was then I knew I would be leaving the company very soon. I don't know if I would recommend you work there, it depends on who you know.

Pros

can work remote or hybrid. PTO is good

Contras

health insurance, payrate, not an open-door policy
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Always had loads

Always had loads, kept me working!!! Paid the bills. I want to return but I caught a dui in my personal vehicle! But was a great company while I was there.

Fun company to work for

Great co. To work forThey really take care of their drivers, never really had any issues while working there. Great equipment & lanes. Will more than likely end up there again.

13 junio 2022
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. At QC we always want our Professional Drivers to feel more than happy in the work they do and feel comfortable while doing so. So thank you for being a part of our team. We will be here to help you find your lane at QC.

Nothing fun about Trucking anymore

They run a Trucking company like a biz. Best dispatchers I ever had . They cared which u won't c much in this business. They got there stuff straight no half waycrap if u done this any length of time uno what iam talking about not just getting by to draw a pay check and as u know about big company's that's what 90 % are doing just enough to get by.

Pros

Great place

Contras

Away from home. That's why iam not still there
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Real good company to work for I retired

A company that's care for their drivers,great tractors and trailerareal good miles we team work all the worker was great to have on the team. The dispatched we're also great they were team players we always had work.I also had good quality home time to get things done at the house ,

Pros

Drivers application

Showers, break rooms

13 junio 2022
Hi! We really appreciate you taking the time to give us such a positive review. We pride ourselves on being leaders in our industry and we couldn't be without hard-working professional drivers like yourself. Thank you for being a part of our team. We hope you are enjoying your retirement!

QC is a great company to start your career at in Tampa!

I am given a lot of opportunities to grow professionally and personally. Every day I am learning. I had no experience in the trucking industry prior to QC. One of the best parts of my role is traveling to the terminals! It's eye-opening to see what the professional drivers, terminal staff, and shop staff day is like. You can quickly identify who you can go to when you have questions. They will help you get the answers to your questions or direct you to someone who can.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great company to work for!

QC is a great company with excellent leadership who care about their employees. They are always working on ways to improve the culture and working environment. You can always count on having the support of your peers. Quality is a great company to join to have your opinions valued!

Pros

Work/life balance, advancement opportunities

Contras

Can't think of any at this time
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good late model trucks, with a mix of good trailers and bad trailers with DOT violations.

A good place to work if you need a job for a year or two, not a place to stick around long. No raises, issues with co. switching 401k this year. Great driver managers that solve problems but dealing with Tampa corporate mgmt is awful. Good luck with dealing with the after hours extended service people, calls for such simple things as locating a trailer or getting fuel approved can take up to 1 hour. Safety and training is pathetic, don’t ask reasonable questions in the 10 day orientation ,you will be ignored, co. only has safety dept because they have to which really is a shame because you are dealing with hazardous materials here. I would keep this company on the bottom of my tanker companies to work for in the area. Paychecks were always good, but I was lied to by recruiter and terminal manager about not having to wait 2 hours for detention pay and getting raises, just FYI.

A culture built on a Driver's Safety & Customer Service

Quality Carriers has built a culture of Driver Safety & Customer Service. Driver's are the #1 priority & their safety working with Hazmat. We have developed a terminal that works hand in hand with drivers & management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Long great history!Prepared youforyourtotal career !Team organized

A great job with all of the great tangible s that you can accomplish great things! Prepared you and allow you to be all-you-can-be! Given the paths to great ness ! A great organization that promotes expertise at its core!

Pros

Professional structure!

None that I came across!

29 marzo 2022
We greatly appreciate your positive feedback. Thank you for being part of team QC! Best of luck in all of your future endeavors.

Definitely job security

Doing a great job and being safe 100% of the time you can get whatever you want or need.. definitely going to work 14hrs a day pulling methanol but no weekends or holidays.. 1500 a week gross pay..

Pros

Plenty of work

Contras

Pay could definitely be better for the amount of hours we put in

21 marzo 2022
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Thank you for being a part of our team!

Driving into work and seeing the Quality Carriers sign made me cringe every time.

The true PROBLEM was getting help when I needed it. I was having issues with certain coworkers' mistreatment. Management was not helpful and HR was just useless.HR would not let you get a word in. So so condescending. They would talk right over you if they did not like what you had to say. All in all it was very suffocating.

Pros

It was a job

too many to list

28 febrero 2022
We appreciate your review. We do not want any of our employees to have a negative experience. Please feel free to email our VP of Driver Services about your particular experience at akerr@qualitycarriers.com.

It’s okay if you’re new to tankers

I worked for this company for about a year when I first transitioned to tankers. You never really know what you’re getting, due to the fact that QC doesn’t actually own all of their terminals and fleets. For me, QC was more of an umbrella company that provided their name to other companies that ran under their authority. Each company that runs under the QC name has their own thing going on, their own pay scale, and their own equipment, and their own freight contracts. Ultimately, QC is pretty irrelevant. Overall, if you want to get into pulling tanks, go for it. If you already have experience, don’t give them a second look.W

24 febrero 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback will help us improve our drivers' experience. We strive to compensate our drivers well with consistent work and fair, competitive wages -- including industry-leading pay, quarterly safety bonuses, and more. Please feel free to email our VP of Driver Services about your particular experience at the affiliate terminal at akerr@qualitycarriers.com. Have a great day!

Great pay. This company is one of the best paying jobs out there. Great environment and great people to work with. Never had a bad experience working there. Quickly got raises but had to with hard to prove myself

Pros

Great pay

21 marzo 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are glad you considered QC to be a great place to work at. So thank you for being a part of our team!

Steady work flow

Steady workflow with dedicated accounts. Management can push hard on HOS boundaries. Not a bad place to make living. Communication needs improvement and organization on dispatched loads.

Pros

Steady work, 401k match after 2 years, decent equipmet

Irregular work schedule, Communication
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

This is by FAR the worst place I worked in my life. This place is like a revolving door of people leaving.

Taking this job on was one big mistake. I saw all the negative reviews online throughout the internet. I did not think much of it. I thought it was just a bunch of outliers that just floated up to the top. After less than a year at this place, I realized I made a mistake and needed to leave. I saw many good workers leave because of management issues and the terrible workplace culture. This place has HIGH employee turnover from my experience. This is not and should not be a place anyone desires to be long-term wise.

9 febrero 2022
QC appreciates your feedback. While we do not want any of our employees to have a negative experience, we also understand and accept that the employment experience isn't always a good fit. In your case, we respect that you concluded early on that this role was not a good fit for you, and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors. If you would like to discuss this further or provide additional feedback, we invite you to contact us via our website.

love my job

great pay and equipment, home nightly and wkends usually off. Easy work ,can be challenging but overall nothing you can't handle insurance and benefits are awesome

Pros

equipment

30 diciembre 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We love to read you love your job here at QC. We always want our team members to feel more than happy in the work we do. So thank you for being a part of our team!

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Quality Carriers. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

2,8 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Quality Carriers
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?