Saia LTL Freight

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 987 evaluaciones

Muy divertido

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Excelente ambiente muy agradable, lo tuve que dejar porque necesitaba ganar más.

Pros

Lo bueno es que era muy divertido trabajr con compañeros y dueño

El sueldo muy bajo
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Pay and benefits are hard to beat, but environment is not for everyone.

The pay at SAIA is great and the benefits are very competitive. The only real draw back is the way most employees are treated. Fast paced environment much different from most warehouse jobs, production jobs are similar. Best if you can learn to operate a forklift quickly or if you have a CDL or want to learn to drive trucks. Dock to driver program and sign on bonuses for drivers are good. Supervisors and managers could use some better leadership training than typical management receives. Most supervisors seem to be high performers with little to know people skills. Which means they expect people to perform like they did and that only comes with time and experience. Hard to build when new dock workers are chased out quickly and replaced quickly.

Pros

Great pay and benefits

Contras

Poor leadership on the lower levels.

Ok place

The job is really good and has some problems with dispatcher communication. The dispatcher sometimes very rude and don’t have respect to drivers. The upper management tends to make it harder on the drivers when making pickups.

Poor Management/Favoritism

Don’t work at this Company you will be a number in there system that’s it!!!!!No communication what so ever!!!!Treat driver with no respect whatsoever.

Pros

Pay Ok

Turnovers on Drivers Very High

Dispatcher sucks

The dispatcher is the worst and Management couldn’t care less. Forget curbside delivery, you will be taking freight to the door regardless of terrain or weight and length. Residential delivery in a 48’ life gate is the norm.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Difficult work, but it pays well

Compared to other places that I've worked, this is the best company that I've been at, and it's mainly due to the pay and benefits provided. Weekly pay is a huge plus, as are the company-wide raises.You will encounter friction between office-side and dock-side as it feels like sales lives off in its own world compared to what the company actually does, so expect loads where you have to jury-rig up something strange so that it fits if sales decides to overly promise something to a customer.

Pros

Pay, company holidays are free PTO, benefits, coworkers are nice

Contras

Maintenance is nonexistent at this location at this time
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The management at Saia in Henderson is horrible.

SAIA in Henderson, CO is the worst comoany i have ever worked for. I was a mechanic in the shop and the regional manager was completely useless and would lie to your face. He brought in who we have come to find is his son in law to run the shop and has no idea of what he is doing. Upper management ruined this shop

Pros

Pay

Good pay and benefits BUT

Great pay and benefits however, starting line haul drivers will start as system drivers and you will live out of a suitcase for the week and back to your home terminal at the end of the week for your 34 hour restart. SAIA would be a great place to work if they did away with the SYSTEM DRIVER.

high pressure to perform

The work is great, insurance good, pay is ok, management not so good communication bad, high-pressure, fast pace environment, expect to travel to other terminals to work without notice. Don't have the right equipment to make certain deliveries. This company stresses safety but puts you in unsafe situations

Pros

insurance, pay

communication
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It was a good place to work

It is a very good company to work for. And people there was helpful & nice. I quit because it was where my dad worked he passed away from cancer it was just to hard or I would probably still work there .
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

They want you to stay just we're you are that's at the Greensboro location.

I like my job just wish I could move up and change was mad at Greensboro location 🙃 and more hours and train in different areas of this site and management that treat all the same no matter what color you are.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Decent job if you need the money.

I worked for Saia LTL for 5 years as a Diesel Mechanic. I started when I was 19 so at the time I was excited to be making so much money. As a mechanic they’ll start you off at a hood rate and the raises also come pretty fast. Everybody hourly worker gets automatically capped out in their position in within 18 months of hire. Although the job did pay well, it was a very cutthroat environment to be in. Everybody pretty much had it out for one anther. Instead of teaching someone they would rather see someone fail because of job security purposes. They conduct themselves like that because they are a older group of people and see the young as a threat. Working here for the first 2 years is felt like my job was constantly at risk, and that exactly how they want you to feel, like your on a tight rope. After about 2 years you’ll earn some rank, they’ll stop picking on you and giving you the short end of the stick, but I would advise no one to put up with harassment and having to work nights for 2 years straight. They honestly had no plans for me in the end. I was basically there to cover the night shift until somebody died or got fired. Those are the exact word my supervisor told me when I asked him about the morning shift one time.

Syracuse terminal

Very poor maintanence of equipment . Trucks constantly breaking down and being put back in service Unsafely as if they were actually serviced. Good pay. Good benefits. Chaotic work environment .
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fast paced working environment.

Part time worker, i have enjoyed working here so far. Everyone has been helpful in acclimating to the learning process. The job can be stressful at times due to the size of the freight you move.

Easy

The job is OK it’s pretty much repetitive. I know what I am doing every day and also know what to expect on my paycheck we are off every weekend unless you want extra hours. You are also off major holidays. Currently the top pay is $28.66 and overtime after 45. Usually I get around 55 hours to 57 hours a week Monday through Friday. Lately they are watching the OT and want us at 45 hrs week.

Pros

Off weekends&Pay

Starting to micromanage hrs

Horrible supervisor and dispatch

This place was ok to work until the new manager and dispatcher took over it's horrible now! I couldn't imagine being a obvious person of color working there because you'll be treated like trash by the manager and dispatch but the upper management doesn't do anything about it either. They threaten certain drivers for things that other drivers have done as well. Honestly the dispatch is running the place into the ground because they want to ACT like a supervisor, and the actual supervisor will not speak up for drivers and clearly doesn't care how some drivers are treated. Only reason I wasn't mistreated is I look caucasian but I'm not. The place is trash to work unless your the correct race.

Pros

Pay

Contras

Can't keep "certain" employees, no supervisor skills whatsoever

Good group of drivers

Drivers work together well to get the job done. Decent benefits for the drivers. Company wants to expand and open more terminals. Opportunity out there for drivers at the new terminal

Nepotism runs DEEP at Saia

Do not expect to climb the ladder if you are not willing to sell your soul. HR is a joke. Management does not willingly let you take the days off you are entitled to. Everything is a struggle and if you try to go up the chain you are doomed. Not a good company to work for. Benefits are good, that is ALL that I can say is good at this company.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great for part timers, hard full time

The management at the workplace was all supportive. They only give you a hard time when you do it wrong, after they gave opportunities before hand to fix your mistakes. The only thing I dislike was the mandatory overtime. We were always busy at work always something to do.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Low morale. Company has to watch employees on camera while they are driving. Micro managing employees.

Micro managing employees while they are driving by having cameras on the driver. Invasion of privacy and culture of miss trusting drivers. Age discrimination on hiring. Requires a college degree for supervision without taking consideration of how much experience an individual has at that job already. System driving while having to stay in cheapest motel with terrible conditions.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great job for someone who is willing to grow

Saia is a great way to learn if you’re fresh out of college or new at what you do. Saia provides great help for people who are just starting out . Saia is a growing company and there’s plenty of room to and grow.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Saia LTL Freight. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general