Saltgrass Steakhouse

3,4Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 644 evaluaciones

Es una de las mejores evaluaciones q tenido

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Fue una excelente evaluaciones y pude comprender bien las cosas
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Excellent promotion opportunities BUT..

… almost Zero work-life balance. Trying to get vacation approved is a nightmare. 12+ hour shifts easily. Late nights, early mornings. Constant turnover in management.I love that they promote within. It is a great opportunity to expand your resume. They are huge on team building which is wonderful bonus, and under a dedicated GM the experiences would be much better. It’s a great place to begin a career, probably not to make it your life long career.

Flexible and fun

It's a very fun work environment. Very relaxed. It's just not knowing what you will make for the night that sucks. Sometimes you wait on a guest and give them your all to only make 5$ on a 100$ check. But that comes with serving. Overall, one of the best serving jobs I've had.

Bad management

Expected to do extra and do other servers work and staying well over the hours to do sidework that could've been given earlier. Managers always rude and have no time even if needed for a table or customer

Management Horrible

Horrible management. Servers often mistreated. not allowed to take breaks. Manager is sexist and doesnt believe in PMS pain. Only allowed to get drinks out of tiny snowcone cups. Texas has very few laws regarding workplace and Saltgrass takes advantage of it.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Travel

Opportunity to learn Traveled Hired trained scheduled relocated. Customer service kitchen management office manager. Building a culture having standards
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

they will not allow you to move up (ex: if you’re hired on as a host and want to move up to a serving position, they will not allow it. they don’t care about their employees

Great experience

Even if you are new to serving this company does and will give you the tools and means to be successful. The training is very strict but gives you the ability and everything you need to be successful. I was an experienced manager and I still enjoyed the server training process and once out of it I progressed in the server ranking system very quickly. But it taught me a lot that I take with me in training in places I have been in afterwards with a new focus on the importance of things to look at while training
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Could be great but corporate driven

The establishment is by far a great place to eat at. Fresh steaks, drinks, and prep. But as far as working there I don't have much to say that is hood. The only reason that Is management do not know how to manage. It makes your days there unbearable.

Do not work here

This is a terrible company to work for. The bussers have to do everything for the servers and the cooks. Do not work here. I repeat, do not work here.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good management and decent money

Started off great, good and understanding managers, and the money was alright if not a little tight. I just outgrew the job and it was time for me to move on.

Fun workplace, no growth

Co-workers we’re fun, but very lazy. I met a lot of great and interesting people while working there. But management and most co-workers , we’re very lazy and unmotivated.

it was okay

money could have been better loved my coworkers management was okay. definitely could have went my whole life without working here lol. not horrible tho

Bad management super slow

If you're looking to make money as a main or side job I would look elsewhere many times you will not have tables and nothing to do. management is lackluster don't look for help from them don't expect advancement. They make false promises so if your told something try to get it in writing or it won't happen. Also keep in mind when I was there many people left due to the way they were treated.

Contras

Management, little work, little money
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

High demand work environment, fast paced.

Growth is easy for those serious about it. Committing to a salary career means committing to 50+hrs/week, 8-13hr days. Benefits offered annually. Above average pay for the industry.

Productive and fun workplace

A great company to begin a career in the service industry. Also one of the best jobs to have while going to school and better your education. Been with the company for about 10 years and they have always had my back and paved the way for advancement within my career.

Feels like H*LL

This job is awful. The management is awful, and it feels like it’s every man for themselves in there. They keep hiring and firing people like clockwork everyday. The managers don’t care, and you rarely get off at a decent time if you work the afternoon shift. It’s A bunch of sidework, and the co-workers are messy/catty. I hated this job. I wouldn’t recommend it at all.

Pros

The only pro is the money, but that’s only on a busy day

No breaks, No good management, Stiffed tips
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

hard to get good managment

the pay can be good.Although there can be workplace drama sometimes most of the employees are super friendly. it can be hard to get good management since they rotate out a lot. Ive seen many managers pressure the employees to not take their lunch breaks or force them to work a different position then what there were scheduled

They will take advantage

This restaurant will take full advantage of you and allow other servers to “run” the restaurant. It was somewhat ok in the beginning and then it got really bad. The managers are a joke. They don’t need to take a drug test to be one. Don’t work here.

Solid

For being in college it was what I needed because they worked with my schedule. Management was good but the gm was to proud of himself so it through things off.

Salt Grass Vineland Florida

I severely disliked the Salt Grass and with 30+ years experience. This restaurant took all the fun out of the restaurant business . Had to wear a white shirt under a heavier white shirt and it’s hotter than heck - & it’s Florida ! Plates with trays were too heavy as it is and employees will stack more on as you are walking out ! No smoking rule was fine but then heck with all the stress I needed that cig ! Bartenders at this location had no clue how to bartend and care for guests ! With all my experience I gave it my best shot but realized this was not the restaurant for me and quit within a month . No Regrets ! Cooks fell way short as well - fireplace going when it’s summer least when I was there !
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Saltgrass Steakhouse. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general