SAVAGE

2,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 224 evaluaciones

Es divertido como y con buena gente

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Entrar a horario y salida a horario muy buen ambiente de trabajo

Pros

Bien pago

No se puede fumar

poor management

This is a new division of a larger corporation and there is no oversight or direction from HQ. At inception there are a number of valuable people who created a great company with solid benefits and a great culture. They were all fired shortly after. The replacements have been replaced several times over and with each new employee the quality of work diminishes. Nothing short of a completely new staff can hope to keep this company out of bankruptcy. Benefits have remained stable.There have been cost of living increases for pay.Advancement is only offered to graduates of Mass Maritime or Kings Point Maritime. The industry attitude of "if you don't do what I say, your replacement will" is alive and well at this company.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Care only about selves don't care about employee safety or health

Wouldn't recommend to anyone unless you don't care about your safety and remember if you get sick or need off for surgery or sick family you will be replaced .. worst company by far

Pros

Co workers

Good pay, Safety oriented

Great job, People, Company, Management is understanding and willing to help with any issues that come up. Equipment was taken care of. Contract ended abruptly and job ended. Very sad day! Couldn’t continue unless I relocated which wasn’t an option for my family. Will miss this job dearly!

Pros

Treated like a real person, great compensation, Safe work environment, Company will make efforts to keep you working if it gets slow.

Contras

Customer snaked out of contract and job ended.

Ok to work for

Depending on location and job duty can be akot of hours. Company was alot better before original owners passed away. Sons seem to not care as much for the employees as many policies have changed.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Productive and Stressful

Needs to be physically fit to execute tasks. Management and wokers love to help each other. Fun based but very dangerous job. Safety is a key component of the job.

Agréable

Agréable mais dure pour la température du moment(printemps très froid). Travailleurs très gentils et compréhensifs.

Pros

Repas offerts et collations quelques fois

Contras

Nous avions pas toujours le temps de manger car il nous envoyait pour un autre espace clos
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Don’t work for this company

The only way you will get anywhere is if you are friends with management. This company hires back people that got let go for paying of Osca people to pass a test and people that couldn’t pass a background check. No room for growth. Dead end job

No lunch breaks

Challenging needs improvement

Overall good experience, however, stuck in old ways. Hard to learn position. Lacking in support. Better systems needed, Ramco ERP needs to be be gone and a better ERP system needs to be adopted. Easy to get demotivated breads a culture of high-turnover.

Pros

Schedule is nice. Early start early release

Contras

Pay for responsibilities are low, which leads to lower moral.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Place wouldn't be bad to work for except management is a joke. They don't care about you or your family. They lie and stab you in the back every chance they get.

Strong Customer Focused Service provider

Good career opportunities for those willing to relocate. Operating systems that make the path to success clear. 24/7 responsibility can make work life balance difficult.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Savage employees are the poster child for underpaid and overworked.

Pay is horrible compared to the amount of work that gets done every shift. Good management is hard to find, senior managers seem to pawn off all of their work to junior managers and crew leaders.

Pros

Overtime, surface mining experience, staying active.

Contras

Management, work/life balance, inconsistent amount of work.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great company to start with

Got a lot of useful skills. Work is very persistent, averaging 60 hours a week. Pay was on par with other companies in the area, management was excellent.

It’s a job

Managers in this company are either ex or wannabe railroaders. I have never seen such a mess before in my life. Good opportunity to get some experiance and get on a real railroad with people that know what they are doing

Pros

Good railroad experience

Good company

Good company, good culture. There are many opportunities for advancement if you are willing to relocate. Good programs for developing team members. Strong safety culture

Pros

Advancement with relocation

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Quality pay and time off. No sundays or holidays!

Great place to work. Time off is fabulous. Good fellow teammates. Great benefits and bonuses. You don’t work sundays or holidays for the most part. Safety conscious.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great people to work with

Awesome leadership team that will treat you like family. Company is changing as it grows, but you will still have the family orientation. Be ready to learn about the business as they will show you a lot.

Pros

Treat you right

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Stressful workplace that doesn't give you the training needed

At this company the training is solely online and there is not training in a typically sense nearly at all. The expectations are so high that when you ask for help people only give you one solution that has worked for them without asking what you've done yourself and you feel like you're a burden for asking questions about things you don't know the answer to. The growth within the company is very politicized. The company rules do not change for situations (example of this is they force you to take an hour lunch break which makes people hit rush hour instead of taking a shorter one to leave earlier). You don't feel in control of your work so the investment isn't something that you can do because you don't feel heard. If the only thing you want to do is work long hours and get paid pretty well, work here. Otherwise avoid working at Savage.

Pros

Compensation

Contras

Very inflexible schedule, training was almost non-existant, reviews are not honest and don't help you to succeed

– 7 enero 2021
Dear former Data Analyst,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on your experience as a Team Member with Savage. We want all of our people to feel valued and supported, so we’re discouraged to hear you didn’t have a positive work experience. The Savage Vision and Legacy states that we view the role of owners, board members, managers and employees as a stewardship, always doing what is right, in balance, for our Company, employees and customers. We’d like to resolve any outstanding concerns you have. We encourage you to contact our People Solutions team at peoplesolutions@savageservices.com. We appreciate your review.

To many hours not enough drivers

Feed rate to high for amount of drivers. Have to work 6 out of 7 days most of the year. Can't really miss work even if sick as it messes with production as they need the loads. Due to poor recruitment and long hours highb turn over rate. Not to mention the constant break downs and poor preventative maintenance at the red river yard due to the mechanic and shop manager having to drive to barely meet goals. Red river is not a good place to work if you have a family.

Pros

Its work

Contras

6 days a week. No time to do anything else you need to do.

– 7 enero 2021
Dear former Driver,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on your experience as a Team Member with Savage. We understand that the work we do and the critical services we deliver can feel like a heavy load. At times it can be challenging to balance this with personal priorities outside of work. We’re interested in hearing any suggestions you have so we can share the feedback with our team. We encourage you to reach out and share your thoughts with us at peoplesolutions@savageservices.com. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.

Comfortable environment, poor management

The managing of our operation was consistantly poor. Things were not done in an efficient manner, and thusly morale was lower. However, your fellow employees are very comfortable and fun to be around, and the pay / compensation was good for my work experience. However, 14 hours a day, 5 days a week was rough.

Pros

Pay, culture

management

– 7 enero 2021
Dear former Wash Bay Technician,We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on your experience as a Team Member with Savage. We understand that the work we do and the critical services we deliver can feel like a heavy load. At times it can be challenging to balance this with personal priorities outside of work. We’re interested in hearing any suggestions you have so we can share the feedback with our team. We encourage you to reach out and share your thoughts with us at peoplesolutions@savageservices.com. Thank you for your review!

Management is a joke, play favourites, incompetent, and very unprofessional.

Always looking for a reason to be little or put you down, never give praise for anything done well.Always complaining nothing is ever good enough, a d expect more for less and will work you until you are ready to breakZ absolutely Toxic environment! Drive you to hate the job!

Pros

Working outside away from management

Managers are incompetent

– 7 enero 2021
Dear former Team Member,Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your experience with Savage. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive employment experience. We’re committed to treating our Team Members like friends and family, and we are disappointed this is not what happened for you. Our People Team is always available to assist. We encourage you to reach out and let us help resolve any outstanding concerns you have by contacting us at peoplesolutions@savageservices.com. Thank you for leaving a review.

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en SAVAGE. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general