Schneider

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 3.619 evaluaciones

Empresa MEH

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Buenas prestaciones laborales sin equilibrio personal
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Maybe fun and productive with the right team surrounding you.

It’s alright, management doesn’t actually teach you what you need to know to progress to the next promotional position. Spent some time here and realized I wasn’t taught everything I was needing to know. Pretty subpar experience especially when all of your management are constantly on vacations leaving you to answer back to back calls and handling the whole account by yourself.

Avoid

Avoid Schneider especially the floor and decor account. Managers don’t have a clue what is going on, more often than not you won’t get work and when you ask your DBL, radio silence. Or they tell you “it’s slow”. Zero communication from management. And they will disguise a pay cut as a pay raise. The only good this company did was provide cdl training and even that journey was a cluster.

5 agosto 2022
Thanks for your feedback. Our driver leaders and all associates work for our drivers. You are the backbone of this company and we appreciate all of our driver's hard work. We know trucking can be tough and that's why we have a huge initiative to make the driver experience even better at Schneider.

There is always work

There's never a shortage of loads that need delivering. You can practically choose your path, whether over the road, local or dedicated routes. if you want they'll give it to you, as long as you have the required endorsement.

5 agosto 2022
Thanks for the review. It's our goal to always keep drivers moving! Drive safe!

Not a healthy environment

We are not a good option for customers. We are constantly letting them down and this bothers me. They have us charging them for charges when it is our fault. This is not right. We are taking advantage of people.

Not a good environment
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Company men apply.

Drink that Koolaid, ride that orange wave. You must adapt to the cult like vibe that they are family and they won’t screw you. But no free thinking and nothing short of a “At-a-boy” attitude.

5 agosto 2022
Thank you for the candidate feedback and review. We know we're not perfect in everything we do but we are listening to drivers to make Schneider better. Take care.

Great Company, but falls short on many expectations

The work is easy as a driver, but dispatch, management can be frustrating. Culture is good, but can come down quick because of dispatch and management troubles. If they took more time to listen and do it would make the company amazing instead of using excuses and running their mouth 100 miles per hour. The hardest part of the job is dealing with your fellow coworkers as in management, support staff, and maintenance staff. Everything else is easy, you enjoy it, and if that changed the service as a driver you offer would be top notch. The driving and knowing you are getting the work done is the most enjoyable part of the job. Knowing you are helping the customer to your best ability and keeping the supply chain on track.

Good people

No work life balance, people are descent will send you out in trucks with issues at times and can get stuck in a truck that a smoker had and that is not good

5 agosto 2022
Thanks for the review. We know family is important and that's why we have many driving positions that offer weekly or more home time. Drive safe out there.

Great opportunities that they no longer offer

Originally hired for company regional driver 3 weeks on 1 week off. (No longer offered) was great compared to the usual 1 day off per week out. After purchasing a truck and leasing on, their "choice" program was heaven. Choose your loads and routes you want, work as you wish, route yourself home when you want.

Pros

Full week off after 3 weeks out

Contras

Those schedules are no longer available

5 agosto 2022
Thank you for the five-star review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Schneider and that we kept you moving. Take care.

Lots of learning and family like culture

I was trained here and honestly this name goes far if you are looking to grow though it didnt come easy I am a very skilled tanker driver because of my time spent with the people in Orange 🫡🙏

29 julio 2022
Thanks for the great review! You're right! Schneiders great training make it a fantastic place to drive for. We have many driving jobs available if you're ever interested in coming back!

Good First CDL Job

Good place to start your career in having a CDL and experience in OTR experience but definitely would leave after 6 or 9 months to get a better paying job.

29 julio 2022
We appreciate your review! Schneider is happy to help people start their truck driving careers and then provide continuous training so it's a safe, successful and long one too. Drive safe.

It’s ok

It’s a starter company it’s a mega company do I need to say more get your experience and move on pay is not the greatest but the benefits are good overall it is what it is

29 julio 2022
Thanks for the review. We agree Schneider is a great place to start your truck driving career but it's also a great company to retire from one too. We have a hire-to-retire philosophy and many drivers that have over 10 or 20 plus years with us. Take care.

Decent management, but Very Low Pay

Schneider has good training. Management was decent. Just like any OTR gig, don't expect to have a home/social life. Home time isn't guaranteed either. Low pay compared to other companies.

29 julio 2022
Thank you for your feedback and review. We review pay weekly to make sure it's competitive in the marketplace and have a great maintenance program but are sorry your experience didn't live up to this. We have an open door policy and always want to hear concerns like this from our drivers. Drive safe.

Very exciting place to learn and gain experience

Great place to start if you are new. Good training and guidance as you start your new journey. Made it through 90 days and next goal getting to 6 months.

29 julio 2022
Thanks for the fantastic five-star review! We care for each and every one of our drivers. A positive attitude is important in becoming a successful truck driver. Drive safe out there!

Disappointed at the company who claims to care about drivers

I could only take 4 months with Schneider. They truly do not care about drivers or should I say they didn't care about me. My driving time training was only 5 days. A novice will need much more time to learn how to mauver a 53 ' trailer. My vehicle was in the repair shop 14 times. The machnices didn't care. The driver team leaders talk to you like you are nothing. You work a minimum of 12 hours a day only to see a $300-$600 weekly check. No human can live off of that. The bigger the company the less they care about you!! I felt like free labor. They don't keep their word. No one will call you back if you have an emergency. I was broke down in a parking lot for 8 hours. No one would call me back with any updates. When you report to work for the 1st time they will get you a rental car but when you quit they only provide you with a bus ticket. They don't care that you have 4 months worth of gear and equipment to get home. They don't try to help you at all. I truly felt alone when working with this company. Thank you

Pros

Learn from other drivers on the road

Working for Schneider

29 julio 2022
We're sorry someone treated you that way. It is unacceptable and we have an Associate Relations team that always wants to hear and follow up on concerns like this. Thanks for the feedback and take care.

Good company for driver fresh out of school to get experience

Good company for driver fresh out of school to get experience pay isn't good at all but you will get that driving experience you need to become a good driver

Pros

Good company for experience

Doesn't pay good

Travel

You travel a lot, it's a trucking job so it is what it is, drive and sleep, rinse and repeat but not a lot of home time and pay sucks for the travel you have to do

Pros

Travel

29 julio 2022
Thanks for the review. We agree truck driving is not for everyone but many drivers enjoy seeing the country and the new challenges it brings every day. Drive safe!

Great starter company!!!!

Good training,a great company to get your foot into the trucking industry you’re skill sets with be tested daily outside of training. Psa terrible pay once you get experience.(Would be 5 stars if the pay was decent)

29 julio 2022
We appreciate your 5-star review! Schneider is a great place to start your truck driving career and retire from one too. Our driver leaders support you throughout your career and that shows with our over 1,200 million mile safe drivers.

Upper and middle management is completely engulfed in nepotism and personal favoritism

Schneider is completely anti-union but they desperately need one to address the severe inconsistencies and lack of cohesion among how their regulations are enforced. Every customer service rep I worked with ended up working off the clock without pay. It is unavoidable because Schneider reps “own” their book of business and they are responsible for issues that occur outside of work hours. The current climate allows managers to enforce unfair pay structures and reward teams and individuals based on the businesses they are attached to. The managers are the ones who assign the business to the reps and it’s just a huge mess. If one rep is consistently being assigned the most organized and cooperative clients and another is being assigned the most difficult……how can one be faulted for not reaching certain business goals?!?!? I worked with one rep who had more education and 20 years of tenure than a new hire but the new hire was started at 3 dollars more per hour for the same role. This is especially terrible for customer experience reps who depend on going above and beyond for bonuses and incentive pay. Some managers allow behavior that is clearly defined as unacceptable in their policy while others are by the book without flexibility. The compensation isn’t worth the trouble especially considering most customer experience rep positions involve less intensive work. I encourage looking into other logistics companies in the Green Bay Area. Schneider has a terrible rep with drivers and chaos among the leaders on the customer service floor is a huge reason why.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great scenery and good vibes

Two thumbs up! Great experience for a rookie driver or experienced and pay is decent can’t complain. Team driving is the way to go for $$$ especially if your a couple

21 julio 2022
Thanks for the review. We agree truck driving is not for everyone but many drivers enjoy seeing the country and the new challenges it brings every day. Drive safe out there.

Fun productive place to work

I was with Schneider for a year and a half the training is top notch the equipment is top-notch as well and the mechanics are always willing to help one kind about the job was the trucks were automatic and sometimes the bunk heater would not work

21 julio 2022
Thanks for the fantastic five-star review! We're proud of our focus on safety, friendly associates and open door policy. It's some of the many things that make Schneider a great place to work. Take care!

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Schneider. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,2 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Schneider
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?