Sentara Healthcare

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 2.514 evaluaciones

Fast paced

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Pre op would be my unit of choice. Med surg and ICU Are always busy. 12 hours shifts. Manage your time accordingly to achieve squeezing in a lunch break.

Easygoing

I worked at Sentara Norfolk general as a junior volunteer in 2016. Its a Good start for anyone curious about different jobs around the hospital. They let you pick an area that you feel most comfortable in. Overall it was a pretty good experience.

Overall great work place

Love working here, everyday is a different day but you do the same things. Coworkers are all so nice and helpful. It's really one big team and everyone works together.

horrible management

You work hard and then they turn their back on you in your time of need. Management was a total nightmare. Good workers were fired for no logical reason. It's all about who you know in order to advance.

Great Place to Work

Great place to work, very fun and detailed oriented. Management loves to have fun. Patients are amazing. Coworkers are always willing to help. Very family oriented.

Pros

Not a lot of stress

not enough pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Nice place to grow

Nice place to advance your career. Just wish that everyone worked together as a team instead of in small groups. Also if management really cared about the ones they hire instead of meeting goals employees would value their job more.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Hospital setting, can be quiet or loud

Enjoyed working with friendly staff.Hospital setting can become stressful at times, depending on patient situation. Overall, nice place to work at. Learned something new everyday.

Pros

Plenty of luncheons for staff in breakroom, due to various shifts and unknown breaks

Contras

Short breaks, unable to leave hospital campus, long working hours

Great company, great leadership

Leaders truly care about the employees. They are approachable and very active leaders who work to make our jobs better. Great place to have a career with work life balance, great pay, and great benefits.

Mixed Bag

Staff is helpful depending on Certain units.Training is average but pay is low with constant understaffing. Good if you need a job but more accommodating options out there in the NOVA area.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good Company-management can be sub-par depending on your department

Learned a lot in my position, but company will dump other people's jobs on you and not compensate you. Hard to move up into certain positions unless you are buddy-buddy with someone above you.

Pros

Good Hospital System, annual raises

miscommunication

150 characters isn't enough for my experiences. it isnt even enough for my opinion. the most enjoyable part of the job was when i left. management!!!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Overall the morale was great

Pay is low, perfect place to learn & grow, I loved my job but trying to live off of what they are offering in pay is really hard. Great company, great people!

Fast pace work

A pretty good place to work. The management was great at my location although some co-workers were hard to work with. Training was always provided and thorough so I always felt confident in what I was doing.

Gotta work somewhere.

I love this place of employment. It provides all that I needed to be successful. If you want to go to school they pay. If you need assistance in life counselor financial aid or even a ride to work. They have you. I am blessed to work here.

Pros

Pay

Short breaks
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

productive and family oriented work environment

i really enjoy working here and i am learning a lot. working has inspired me to go back to school and further my education. it’s a very friendly and family oriented working environment

Could be better

The company as a whole has implemented great incentives over the years. The leadership within the verification department is the issue. From director to manager. Hiring and promoting unqualified individuals is another issue. I don't recommend this department.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Worst place I have ever worked

Management has their favorites. You can go above and beyond and they do not appreciate it. They reward the ones they like and down the ones they don't. No lunch break and will work you to the bone. Always short staffed . The health insurance is ridiculously expensive.

Pros

Higher wages

They have favorites
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

They cater to the needs of the residents

Residents and staff for the most part were pretty nice. The pay was ok, often short-handed, but all facilities are at some point.The work load was sometimes overwhelming.

Low Pay for Nurses

Sentara Healthcare is a extremely profitable organization that invest in their corporate staff and Medical professionals. But, they do not invest in staff Nursing pay. It is extremely low in comparison to similar cities with equal cost of living. LPNs come into Sentara making $17 hr as new grads and RNs $25 possibly $27. This does not allow a Nurse to make a good living in this area with the cost of housing and other living expenses. Sentara needs to do better.

Not worth it.

Poor/unprofessional management in radiology department. unfair policies ( older/veteran techs do not have to do what newer ones have to), environment felt toxic, lots of gossip. Unfair work load (you do 30 exams, someone else does 4) Typical big hospital, felt very replaceable. team work was frowned upon, workload was nearly too much, can't retain employees. Good things: equipment was pretty nice, multiple portable machines, nice hospital (clean) nice staff in ER, nurses on the floor, etc. It is not Sentara, it is the department.

Pros

good benefits
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Toxic work environment lots of micromanaging going on!!!!

I loved what I did there but management was a total disaster. I can say they are very good about work/life balance. Nurses aren’t paid enough here. Also, I never got lunch breaks because of having to keep working with surgeon, and no one could cover for me, so I’d go all day without eating. It’s not worth it!!

Pros

Work/life balance, not much overtime, job security, friendly co-workers

Contras

Not enough room for growth, micro management, pay could be a lot better
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Sentara Healthcare. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,6 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • Sentara Healthcare
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?