Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 613 evaluaciones

Good for serving

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Used to be a fun environment, coworkers are friendly, management needs work. It’s cool to serve, make your money and go home. But there are days when you’re out of a lot of stuff on the menu, you have to clean up after certain employees there which isn’t fair, aside from that, get your money and go home. I’ve seen people promoted so there’s that possibility too.

Terrible customers

The people you serve are mostly horrible, management will expect you to work by yourself and do everything up front with little to no help. They expect you to server host and to go because they can't find anyone to fill those roles.

Poor management

Poor leadership and management . Managers can change your schedule at any time. The turnover rate is ridiculous. I’ve seen so many servers, bartenders , cooks etc leave. Managers take more smoke breaks than the actual employees doing all the work. Management will argue with each other right in front of employees. Pay is good only if you make tips. The hourly pay is horrible. You must kiss the general managers behind to be promoted in this company. AC/Heat have not worked in a year. We freeze in the winter and sweat in the summer. HR cares about the company’s rep , NOT you. So if you file a HR claim, don’t expect them to be on your side. The Restaurant industry is full of sharks and Smokey bones is the epitome of a messy and unorganized restaurant

Pros

Make money from regulars

Management, cleanliness
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great, but not so great.

Sidework is minimal and can be accomplished is 1/2 hour. Tips are cashed out after your shift. However tips are extremely inconsistent, and weekends should be busier considering location.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a good place to wokr

No room for improvement, horrible self centered bosses and multiple times the work advertised. You will get no break and you will be on your feet the entire time you're there.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

General Manager

I absolutely love working for Smokey Bones, the company is very supportive and appreciate of all the hard work we are doing. I feel as though my opinions matter and they are always open to feedback.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Stressful and chaotic work environment.

The customers are rude and the management played favorites. It was a stressful environment with no breaks, even if you worked a double. The pay was not work the hassle.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Terrible don't even attempt to work here

I have kitchen management experience and they still dumped on me by keeping me in the dish pit hiring 17 year olds at higher pay then me then hiring there friends in higher positions with zero work experience at all because of who the manager knows he puts his friends first and nevermind anyone else with a good work history and experience i literally walked out after 14 months of being stuck in the dish room best move I ever did was leave
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great for first starting out

There is a lot of favoritism in the establishment I am at. Some people can get a way with doing things and not be reprimanded. There is no family or supper system when it comes to learning how to work.

I like working at Smokeys

Its not a bad place to work. Management tolerates too much. The general managers never stay long at one location. We are either understaffed or over staffed with servers. Management does not listen or do anything about situations brought to their attention that needs to be addressed.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Worst place I’ve ever worked at …

GM played favorites , and did not teach me a thing . Actually was very demeaning , and gossiped behind everyone’s back . Do not work for this company . Did not pay my vacation , and my cocnsited of only nights . Horrible location , and was happy to leave ..

Contras

Poor management, horrible work balance, and dirty kitchen .
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun workplace but little ability for promotions

I really enjoy working at Smokey Bones. It feels like a small family with all of the workers and managers. There are some issues with people not wanting to actually work or follow rules but other than that, it's a good place to work. I really like all of the managers, they are very friendly and will get to know you personally.

Pros

Flexible hours

Contras

overly flexible managers at times
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

They don't care about their employees

this is the most unprofessional place I've worked at & it's always dirty in there. If a manager is having a bad day, they will take it out on you. Some managers are on a power trip .
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

One big family, iffy management

Loved all of my coworkers and BOH, Management was okay at first but slowly went downhill. Very fast paced work environment but you have co workers who will help you

Team work management

There is no team work there you are the only one to work station management doesn't care they sit in the office doing nothing or chatting with servers when not in office they just walk around in a daze if you ask they for help it is like your bothering them or if you tell them about low product they like they care about they work you in double shift with no breaks or a chance to eat something so till they make a change I don't see who anyone will work in that kitchen for low pay

Toxic work environment

coworkers did not take well to the new hires and treated us wrong. Management is an absolute wreck and unfair as can be. Gave us horrible hours and always talking negatively about our performance

Pros

N/a

Contras

Unfair work environment, unreal expectations

Fun work place Be Yourself

Typical day at work - Drive for results - Be Yourself and open door communication - Act with Integrity - Daily recognition - people planning development - Clear Goals

Pros

Happy Hour, Day 1 benefits, Mental health Wellness focus

Budgets

Draining and depressing

I worked for this company for 8 years, serving,bartending then managing. Serving was more of a fend for yourself type of experience but bartending was much worse. All the responsibilities of the front house rested on the bartender. In hopes of changing this I moved to management, which was the worst decision I could make. I had no life other than work, my management team was under educated about their position so learning from them was impossible. The whole job was a struggle to learn correct responsibilities. Trying to explain this concept to my regional manager resulted in being belittled, called incompetent, under qualified and repermanded for not understanding parts of the position I was put into. I still continued to work and push myself with no help.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management is a joke. No one listens to your needs it gives you the right tools to do your job effectively

Overall it’s a bad job. It’s crazy busy and if you can’t handle that then you are screwed from day one. The management team is rude and doesn’t care about the staff. Everything falls on deff ears.

Pros

Flexible hours and if you need a day off they rarely say no

Contras

No breaks, no room for growth, no one listens, helps, or wants to train you, Very busy and not enough space to complete your own job, They just don’t care about the employees
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Run and don’t look back!

Awful management. Underpaid. Stay 100 miles away from this place. Not enough hours. The place is a train wreck. Depression. GM is a cheap stake!!!!!!!

Okay Serving Job

It’s just a typical serving job. The other servers were great, but the kitchen/management is a mess. This made it hard to keep guests happy which can cause them to tip less.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general