Sofidel

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 301 evaluaciones

Mal ambiente laboral

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Mal ambiente laboral inestabilidad y desorganización

Terrible management no structure

Terrible management no structural integrity favoritism shady supervisors empty promises no real perks of being employed very high turnover due to hiring process they lie straight to our faces

Mill Baglan

This place is the biggest joke of a company around the place turns over billions in profits and they run it on a shoe string the expect 2 men to do the work of 5 they know people are off holidays ect but the won’t find cover because they will have to pay time & half so they just expect you to do the work of 2/3 men for the same money the turn over of staff there is crazy and I understand why you are on your feet 11 hours a day there and like I said they won’t cover the shifts so you are running around like a headless chicken it’s only a matter of time till a serious accident happens disgrace of a company

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Stuck in time toxic community

rapid turnoverneeds change of management doesn’t value the employees No chance for growth and not somewhere you want to be long termFlawed company with the opportunity to improve but never could happen due to the culture. Hot working conditions and injuries everlasting

Contras

Short breaks, pay, management, raises, micromanagement

Workplace

Coworkers are awesome, my supervisor was amazing, laid back environment. As long as the lines running you do t have someone up your butt. Over all decent place to work. Except they fire you for smoking in unmarked areas but bring ya back or ya keep your job when you fail random drug test for smoking pot. Makes no since.

Pros

Laid back

Point system sucks
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Good place to start

This was my first manufacturing job and I thought it was pretty bad but I’ve been to other places now and I can say it’s really not all that bad compared to some other places. They struggle to keep people mainly cause the management could be better and the pay could be better but for starting out machine operating it’s a great place to go.

Pros

Lot of time off due to 2, 2, 3 schedule

Management, day/night rotation

Terrible place to work

The warehouse is the single most disgusting and terrible environment to work in. Black Widows, dust, flammable residual paper everywhere. Terrible management pretending to be on your side until it benefits them to turn on you. Prone to getting sick often because of the terrible switching schedule and water rich environment colliding with the constant switching from cold of night to heat of the day. Do not take this job even if you are desperate for one.

skip it

10/10 do not recommend. Management are bullies and very clicky.... like in High School.The turnover is ridiculous because of the work environment in the plant specifically.

schedule sucks

Easy work, but hard to get use to the schedule, its a rotating 2-2-3 12 hour schedule, so for two weeks you’ll work days then the next two weeks you’ll work nights.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Work in warehouse if you want to enjoy your job.

The overall attitude of the entire company is haughty at best. Warehouse F is the place to be (cvill site.) The manager there is a very good man. Converting management is full of not only Italians who believe they are the best of the best, but Americans who suck thier toes to rise the ranks. I would not recommend working for converting. Like I said, warehouse is the place to be. Do your job and get your work done and the boss on F will recognize you for it.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and Nice place to work

Good work/life balance. People are very friendly here. Work together not against each other. Growing company. They keep employees informed and try to organize activities that bring the employees together.

Management is horrible

I first started here thinking it would be a good job to get into new company and all. I went and learned all that I could got put into a bigger role and never got paid for it and then management is horrible here they only promote people that kiss their ***. I’m not that type of person so I’m not their anymore I moved across the street.

Terrible place

Not a good place to work, terrible supervisors and management no A/C in warehouse, not enough forklifts that work efficiently. Warehouse is very nasty

This place is a joke

This is a terrible place to work. Swing shift every 2 weeks. The company is owned by Italians and they do not care about their employees at all what so ever. The HR is in the managements pocket and they are not there to help or care for the employees. They have a 125% turnover rate. Because they treat their employees like poo. the place is literally a joke

Horrible place to work

Avoid this place,no respect from management,human resources or health and safety department as long as the job is done they couldn't care what happens to you

Machine operator

This job sucks. A bunch of Italian speaking their own language yelling at employees all the time! Mangers and techs even Maintenence talks down on this job. I was scared to lose my job on my very first day. Little old ladies gossiping and a lot of young inexperienced people as techs.

Pros

Swing shifts

Managers

Micromanagement, lack of support/tools/parts

Poor culture with a focus on blame rather than development. Arbitrary removal of small perks (water dispensers, etc) in a hot, fats, and dangerous environment. 100+ injuries per year and limited to no corrective actions taken. Pay is reasonable for the area, but don't expect the advertised pay scales until being in that role for 6 months or more.

Pros

Pay reasonable for the area.

Contras

Too many to list, all starting at the plant manager level.

Standard

Not the best place I have worked but not the worst. If you get on with the work your ok in the managers eyes. If you raise any concerns your the worst employee in the mangers eyes. They do not want the hassle of dealing with issues and there are a lot.

Pros

Easy to progress

Lack of leadership
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Worst place to work in local area. Much better facilities hiring locally.

The pay here is bottom of the barrel for a manufacturing job. The next closest paper mill beats them out by $8 on starting wages. Raises rarely come and when they do you will have them taken away from you if you advance to another position. The bonuses you can earn are very pitiful compared to industry standard, and that’s if you even get the full amount which you never will because it is based off of the work of others not oneself. Management is completely incompetent; most if not all management has little to no experience working in a paper facility. Safety violations are a regularity. Life flights and ambulance rides are a common occurrence. Every time you are told something by management or from a corporate communication it will most likely be a lie or a half truth. The company will use the excuse that all the people that say negative things are lazy or that they are individuals upset over small issues, this is simply not true. This company violated workers rights to organize several times. Overall this place is a last resort if you can’t pay your bills. If you are a young person apply somewhere else. You deserve better.

Bad management tactics

This company is so stuck in the dark ages of manufacturing that they still thinking ruling with an iron fist and motivating with a carrot on a stick is good business.

Contras

Bad management, awful working conditions, terrible employee relations
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Unsafe job with with terrible management.

Sofidel pays well but that is the only benefit. The company only cares about product going out it does not care about safety or the well being of its employees.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Sofidel. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general