Staples

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 13.947 evaluaciones

Great management

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I love working here, the only thing I would change is the pay rate.

Pros

Great managemet, good coworkers

pay

Good place

Very well management, very good training, with very supportive managers and employees. All around 8/10 fast paced job for someone new in the job world.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Easy work and friendly people

Staples is a great company to work for. Job is super easy! Good pay and benefits. Nice supervisors. Only con is its hot in the summer. No ac in warehouse. Oh and you only get 30 minutes for lunch.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great Team and Awesome Benefits!

Wonderful people, Management is decent*, need to be good at multitasking, We get nice bonuses and have interesting customers. Not great pay for what we do but experience is nice to have and you will learn a lot behind the Print desk. If your looking for a printing/retail job fresh out of college, I highly recommend.

Terrible environment

Rude management, doesn't train you and get irrate when you don't do something right. No one fills you in on any information, just throw you in and expect you to know what to do.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Good for a first job; Employee morale is incredibly low

Working in the print department was my first job out of high school, and I really don't have a ton of complaints about it. For an entry level job, part-time, it pays fine. I made quite a bit more than my peers at the time of hiring since they pay above minimum wage for P&M associates. I was able to request time off pretty easily, as well. However, I don't think this would be a great option long-term. Wages don't increase much over time, and the benefits are marginal. Customers can be very difficult and irritating. Print and Marketing is relatively busy all day until around 7pm, unlike the rest of the store, which is a ghost town unless it's the back-to-school season. I'm hardly ever bored, and the print department is great for people who like to work with their hands. The day goes by incredibly quickly. For people who enjoy graphic design and photoshop (like me), there are numerous opportunities to use your skills to impress a customer (which was my favorite part of the job). However, customers will often try to tell you how to do your job, thinking that they know better than you, the trained associate. Be prepared to get yelled at when you tell someone that you can't make a copy of a state-issued ID behind the back counter-- it happens literally every day, once if not multiple times. I don't really mind anymore. Most customers will be genuinely very nice and respectful though, at least in the print department. Most of the employees are demoralized due to the lack of wage-increases and pervasive understaffing, and the majority of associates quit after a year or two. But since -

Satisfied

Being a part-time employee at Staples was amazing from times to time. I would not dare to work there as a full time employee because the work place is stressful. The managers were always so stressed out and being there for years made me realize that it’s because the company had many unrealistic expectations. Although, the only thing that makes it worth working there is if you have good people to work with.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Stressful if you're not good at sales

Really stressful sales environment where you're compared to your co-workers on a big ranking wall, which isn't great for your mental health. Co-workers were great, though. Mostly a problem of management.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Motivation, determination, loving, fun.

It was an honor working at staples as a break pack picker, packing, replenishment, shipping worker. I will never forget the memories I made with my fellow co workers and supervisors. 🙏

Inconsistent

Pay was fair but the operation was small and understaffed for the jobs they bid and you end up paying the price. Workplace culture could've used some work as well. lots of traveling which isn't bad necessarily. You would be slammed with work one part of the week and leaving early another .

Exhausting

For all that I'm not technically a retail sales employee, given I do almost none of the work, I am still treated like one. Customers often yell and storm off when they find out we aren't using a service we used to, or if an old employee went around the policies to design things he shouldn't. They get upset when the price is too much.The local managers are fine and lovely people, but the regional manager has a feud with the local manager. Everything is competitive with the other stores to the point of exhaustion. I feel constantly overworked and am often barely awake by the end of my shift.DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU HAVE SOCIAL ANXIETY.

Understaffed and overworked

You’re constantly understaffed and overworked, the pay is basically minimum wage and they only give 25 cents raises every year, if you are looking for a part time job I recommend looking elsewhere

Busy work.

I would say that it's a "simple" job, however, the expectations/workload to teamwork/execution is woefully lopsided.As far as being management goes, in my experience at least- you're alone. I prefer to work alone- but that's because basic standards are not adequately enforced. I'd rather do everything myself- like I'm already effectively tasked with, than ask someone for help that I know I won't get or will be half-assed.

Pros

Weekly pay, straightforward work.

Contras

Unfair workload, non-realistic expectations, unequal pay.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

You’ll gain good skills working there

I’ve worked at 2 different staples, and it’s alright. You’re expected to upsell about 10 different things and meet numbers for all of them all with no extra compensation, so if you’re actually good at selling I would put your skills to use where you’ll actually be compensated for it. Other wise, it’s not a bad place to work. It’s a relaxed store, doesn’t get too crazy busy except for back to school season, and the job duties are usually pretty light. It can be easy to move up but it can also be hard. Depends on your location, i was promoted within a year. I think it would be a good starter job, you’ll definitely learn a lot of good skills here.

Not a glowing experience

Very sales driven role. If you don’t like sales, stay away. Training was poorly executed and all over the map. Many broken promises, your pretty much on your own. The company only seems to care about selling warranty on items and not the overall guest experience. It felt very greasy and uneasy. Be prepared to role play and have action plans as they track performance. Overall for being a tech company, the software is so old school and outdated, resulting in excessive amounts of paperwork and wasted time. The people are very cliquey and do not like any change. Dress code is very relaxed, no issues there. Constant prices increases so your staff discount doesn’t even feel like a perk. I had high hopes, but left very disappointed!

Usympatisk ledelse

Ledelsen legger svært lite vekt på at butikkmedarbeiderne skal trives. Mye stress og «løping» frem og tilbake. Heller ikke lov til å sitte, f.eks. bak kassen hvor det ville vært naturlig å ha en stol, noe som kan bli slitsomt i 8+ timers- vakter. Lønnen er grei, da:) (minstelønn) Utenom at vi ikke får helgetillegg.

Could be better

Working at staples had its pros and cons. There were good and bad days like any other job. The store was often unorganized and prices were always mixed up.

Great Company

I only wish at the time that there were a few more hours for the new positions they created. I regret leaving to this day. After leaving I ended up keeping in touch with management and was put on a list to be employed again. Position is so good it's been 8 months so far.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Time to do what you want to do and have a life

You get flexibility to live your life and experience life. They do not value you is the downside. The many vacations a year is a plus. Free food and drinks is a plus.

Pros

Free lunch, drinks, snacks, multiple paid vacations, flexible schedule.

Contras

No advancement, poor pay, everyone thinks they are the chief.

Een onderling gezellige team

Ik had het altijd gezellig met mijn collega's. Ik werkte goed en snel en daardoor kreeg ik steeds minder uren

Pros

Fijne begintijd

Zéér korte werkdagen

Work Environment

Management sucks. Everything we did there for 4 years, things that actually worked, was changed for the worse. Didn't get a raise for 3 years and when I did it was change. Mine you I worked 45+ 6 days a week. Worst job ever!!

Whole store
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Staples. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general