State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 13.470 evaluaciones

Ambiente laboral muy organizado

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Buena organización, responsables a la hora de resolver incidencias, respuesta rápida ante cualquier duda. Buenos compañeros
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not worth the time I invested

I worked on the agency side as a team member for over 5 years, for a few different agents. Overall, the agents do not treat their employees well or compensate them fairly, nor are they encouraged to by State Farm's corporate training programs, at least in my experience. I went through the agent aspirant program and was planning to open my own office, and in that program we were trained to squeeze as much out of team members as possible for as little compensation as we could. They're ok with a revolving door and encourage agents to always be recruiting to replace lost team members rather than invest in your existing team. This is not conducive to a good or healthy office culture and creates a pretty terrible work environment, in my opinion.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Completely depends on the Agent you work for

Some agencies are amazing and a great work environment. Others not so much, depends on who your agent is. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and even switch agencies if need be.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a bad place to learn

I felt like this was a solid enough job to learn the basics of marketing. It's not exciting at all but I knew what I was getting into. Because of the restrictions from HQ, you're very limited in what you're able to pull off as a marketer.

Pros

kind staff

no opportunities for growth
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a good place to work

Just overall terrible. I did not enjoy my time here. No way to advance in your career, even if you personally work for the company. Do not recommend working at this company
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

good

Overall its a good company to work at. They have lots of different schedule options. very good work environment. Room to grow and provided job security.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Stressful environment to work in

First, you do not work for State Farm. You work for the agent who works for State Farm. You do not get any benefits that State Farm employees get, which is unacceptable because 90% of the time you do their jobs as well. These agents expect you to be 110% loyal to them, while they couldn’t care less about you. They have made constant changes to the system that do not benefit team members whatsoever. You’ll finally get used to it, and then the next week when they roll out their updates you won’t have any idea where anything is located. The funny thing about the new system and all the changes is that it was created by a group of people who have never worked a single day at State Farm or as a team member. More than half of the agents (State Farm employees) don’t even know how to do daily activities, or even know how to work the system. They can sit back and collect a paycheck that YOU as a team member make for them. These job postings are BS as well. The pay range is always wrong. They say you can make $40k-$70k, which is very misleading. Good luck hitting $30k when you start. I’ve been doing this for 5 years, and barely make $50k. Stay as far away as possible.

They hire good people

State Farm hires good people then treat them like used diapers. Metrics are the only ways to prove your valuable because they never remember the story behind the numbers. They don’t remember the time it took help an elderly non-tech savvy person or the vehicle the tow company lost or the customer that doesn’t understand the policy they bought. Great customer service equals bad metrics thus equals not job.

Pros

Benefits are great

Contras

Metrics, you’re disposable and they’re soul sucking

leasing consultant

good environment. always productive and people are around to teach you many skills and attributes. I enjoyed the culture, the hardest part is being able to have time management.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good benefits as far as corporate goes, but lots of micro-managing and boring work

Benefits and pay are pretty competitive compared to similar corporate jobs. Depending on department, there may be more or less flexibility with schedule and work from home. I was able to finish two different degrees while working in customer service/sales roles. They accommodate to school schedules and allowed me to fluctuate from part-time and full-time. Pay was good enough to live off of. HOWEVER, there are huge discrepancies between how different supervisors manage and grant bonuses. Some can be very micro-managee. Many are incompetent and unqualified to be honest. This is frustrating when trying to move up in the company.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great Company to grow skills in sales

You get what you put inThey give you what you need to make your sales,Great teamGreat energyYou have to be willing to call, call, call Great customer interactions in person

Pros

No commission cap, inside training, fast paced

cold calls
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fast Paced Job and no 2 days are ever the same.

Loved the work! Of course it varies based on who you are working for and with. Enjoyed interacting and problem solving and writing policies for customers.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Company has changed for the worse

a great company at one time. just too concerned about profit and don’t care about field claims people! hard working people not promoted to keep them working. others promoted for race or gender. i. had same pay grade for 20 years.

Pros

stable

Contras

Overwhelming work load and no development
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Company was not good to work for. Unfair to the employees.

Very unreliable income being it all commission based. Very hard to get time off, let alone paid time off. The manager would often not pay the commission on time, or at all.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Quiet, family felt sweet atmosphere

While working at State Farm, I was met with only two other people working there. They are so sweet and humble. The Agent was straight to the point upfront and honest. But funny and liked to make jokes. The other coworker was beyond patient and kind. She made sure to answer all my questions. Overall the work is easy and the pay is fair. There are stressful times and sad times but the good days outweigh the bad.

Pay is Good for starters

The payment if good if you're just starting out as a state farm insurance agent. Although not too many people would like this as they advance in business
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Be cautious of your pay.

While I love working for SF. Some agents don't pay well and commission is a joke at some. They have 2 different systems and one is easy the other is hard. They should just simplify it and make it easier for the team member and customer, but don't.

Read Below

StateFarm is one of the richest company in the world. They’re claims handling software system is old (I’m talking late 90s early 00s old). Because of this outdated software system claims would often be delayed. Now here some more information. During the year I worked at State Farm a new software system was implemented, but not for claims. State Farm created a software system to be able to monitor our computer screens for remote workers. Instead of State Farm updating their claim handling software system for a better experience for customers and claim associates, they use their resources to micro manage. Safe to say the work life balance was terrible and they do not care about their customers, unfortunately the claim associates get the brunt for that.

I loved State Farm

They have a strict attendance policy which became difficult to manage living in Atlanta when a major interstate was down for several months. Other than that, I really had no issues.

Call center

Be prepared. Training is very informative and intensive. Miss a few (3) days and you are fired. No matter the excuse. For example, if the train was and shuttle provided by State Farm was late you were penalized. I would catch the train 2 hours earlier and still be late out of my control. Once on the floor you are chained to your desk and bathroom breaks are monitored. Too many or too long break your having a meeting. If you bladder or stomach problems this it's for you. At the end of the day the it's about retaining customers and money
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and fun work place

I worked primarily with sales. Sales is up and down, but the work environment is good. I enjoyed worked for State Farm. Learned alot and got a good bit of work experience while here.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,5 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?