Suburban Propane

2,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 519 evaluaciones

You have to start with advanced positions or your stuck in position

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
No room or chance for advancement for African American employee's, you have to have a near perfect employment history. Over many years of employment as a African American before being considered for advancement

Pros

Come in as high as you choose to go

If not get out asap

Don't work here

This company only thinks of themselves. The safety of this company isnot good. The management only wants to look good for the bosses. They bad mouth their employees. If you work for them for more then 20 years they will try to find a way to get rid of you. This place needs help so don't go there. The management is really bad and the employee are not trained for safety at all. The management knows nothing a bout setting up tanks or about the gas. Just look at all the old guys on the the board so they just want young guys that don't know anything about so a will just do the work and not know what they are doing. Really bad company and HR is not help for emplyees that need it. There HR is just a smoke screen.

Pros

good benefits

Contras

management is poor and don't want people to retire from here.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Stay away if you value honesty and integrity

Worst place to work EVER!!Price gouging customers. Hard to sell products and services when you are the highest priced fuel company in the industry. Local and especially Corporate management are only interested in $$$$ in their pockets at the expense of ALL employees.Broken promises to customers and employees. Business is " PICKING UP" though, they are and have been losing customers at a high rate,so they are PICKING UP their tanks!@!😅😅😅
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Drama, stress, chaos, shouting across the room

Majority of calls are angry customers with good reason. Everyone hates their job and the boss. Hours of video testing related to state laws. Videos continue monthly. I thought this would be a great company to work for.. They make the job seem great when they hire you. It doesn’t take long to realize you’re working in a human zoo.

Pros

You will appreciate your next job if you leave

High stress, negative atmosphere

Desire to overcome obstacles

Suburban Propane is a challenging job with opportunities for growth. Many Managers started as CSR's and moved up to a manger role. The best way to grow is from within.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

admin

It was ok. Could of used a bit more work life balance and even workloads. I enjoyed the people I worked with. Work culture was laid back and management could of been better
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Nice job and people overall flexible schedule you are basically on your own just finish the route safely.

Management helps you get to know many tasks of the day.Good company. The best thing about Suburban is the hours are flexible you can start early and finish early to beat traffic. Lunch is up to you take it or not.

Pros

Flexible schedule

On call rotation
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Completely overwhelmed and overworked.

As a customer service rep you are expected to open as many accounts for new propane service as possible. Which is fine but the process of opening new accounts is lengthy and you are constantly trying to catch up. There is some many task that you have to complete during the day that most new accounts sit on people desk’s for days or weeks before they are processed properly. If you are a person that like to see results in a decent amount of time this job isn’t for you.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It’s kinda what you make of it

Team moral definitely depends on location. I know teams in the area that work very cohesively and although the days can still be long- especially during peak season- having a team that cooperates with one another certainly helps. While there are some teams that don’t really work together and it shows in performance and overall office moral. The job is the job but a disorganized team just makes the day longer than it needs to be.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

This company lets you do your job as long as your good at it they will not interfere or try to micro manage you,

I would still be working there if I didnt move away. Everyone is friendly and willing to help each other. A team that has the same end game and that's to service the costumers

Pros

good pay and benifets

can be dangerous

Excellent management great boss

The position at suburban I do is a delivery driver it's a great job the only negative I have about anything at suburban is having to be on call but it's not a deal breaker it's one week out of 5 weeks for me but even that is decent because I take home a company vehicle during that week plus I get 1 hour of pay mon-fri each day and time and a half sat -sun even if I get no calls plus time and a half starting as soon as the phone rings until you get back home

Pros

Excellent paid time off

Being on call

Poor company

Poor company. It’s all about profits for them. Look elsewhere! They don’t care about their employees at all. They would rather replace you than make any accommodations for you. Very small raises and poor bonus structure!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

You are important, but you won't always feel like it.

I love the office I work in, as well as the people. Upper management is out of touch. They have my office labeled as dispatchers, however the work we do is logisitics. So, we get paid less than what we're worth. We have daily deadlines, so if someone is out, you have to cover their work, without extra pay. The "dispatcher" position is incredibly stressful, as you're likely the scapegoat for anything wrong, but dc manager goes to bat for her employees.

Pros

Flexibility based on manager, Benefits provided, Eap is nice

Contras

Stressful to the point of toxic, More is always expected of you with little increase to pay, Nowhere to advance unless you move.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great benefits, always busy, opportunity to advance in the company

My office was an acquisition and though there is struggle changing from one company procedures and policies to another with adjusting the customers, it was a pleasant and reasonable company to work for. I had an amazing manager and higher ups.

Run while you can

The 3 managers here are horrible. They only care about the numbers. Will lie to your face and then throw you under the bus to save their own back when things go wrong. Pay is lower than any other company in the industry. Constantly on call, and forced to work 12-16 hours a day.

bad place to work

lack of management, no training ask for help and try to help no responce.Its like working for 10 yr olds everybody blames everybody else.Also have to watch your pay sometimes they short you.

Pros

people in my store were great.

Contras

have to do other peoples jobs for them.

Enter at your own risk

Great job for a student. Don't get comfortable. Watch your back. Very high turnover not organized at all. Very poor management skills. Poor building up keep.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I feel like a number not a person

Delivery drivers work longer hours with service work added to there route while service guy works 8 hours and goes home. Managment works you like a dog and don't care how many hours you work while they keep adding more stops to your route.

Pros

I like my coworkers

Contras

Under paid for the years and time invested i been there
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very poor management lack of support from the management no guidelines from leadership team get out there and do it or go home

Manager needs replaced has no problem talking down the people that works for and has a employee turnover far more than any company I have worked for anytime

Pros

No support from management

Being threaded with job

Very fast pace place.

If you are willing to work hard, you will be compensated. They invest in their employees with training and incentives.The benefits are great. They numerous resources for help in life.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

There is honestly nothing I can complaints about. The training is excellent and I was prepared to do the job they hired me for

Good company with a great history and track record. They take care of their employees and understand the importance of emoyee morale. They're mission statement is clear

Pros

Good pay and structure

Contras

Honestly no cons. They are a good employer
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Suburban Propane. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general