Symmetry Financial Group

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 315 evaluaciones

Work

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Decent job. Terrible leads. Leads are outdated. When you pay 8 dollars for a lead that has been worked 6 times it gets old very quick. Most of the leads can’t afford the insurance offered.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

You have to have money to make money

Long story short working for Symmetry as an agent was not a pleasant experience. It seems more like a pyramid scheme if you ask me because in order to get fresh leads you must have the capital to procure those lead I will say though that the managers are generally affable people however they were also incredibly unhelpful too.

Solid training, low comp

Training was great I learned a lot. Left after a month there and wrote a little over 18K in premium. Left due to the 70% commission percentage and the limited amount of lead vendor options (only direct mail and call ins). Was spending over 1K a week for only 40 leads per week. Got offered a way higher commission percentage from a different imo and they also have tons of different lead vendors that are more affordable. I work with 100-150 leads a week at my new imo for the same cost I was spending at symmetry.

Great People

Everybody is amazing. only COn is having to pay for leads and if you're just getting started it can be financially taxing. Good training everybody is very helpful and willing to help you succeed.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

There is a lot of potential to make good money here but you have to have money when starting to purchase leads

My mentor seemed very patient at first but as he started recruiting more people on his team he had less and less time for me and was less patient with me. I do learn slow so I recognize it might just be an issue with me and not learning at the pace I should. Every mentor is different and he's been great in every other way.If you have credit cards you can charge or money you can spend for leads, you have the potential to be very successful. I came into this with very little money and it's been hard because I can only afford the old B leads. I sold a policy in my first three days and then I struggled after that to close on my sales... This is a job that will challenge you to grow in all your weakest areas. It's painful but you are a better person when you apply yourself and are determined to learn and grow yourself. I am very independent and struggle with the accountability aspect of this job. But some people love that.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

No path for Recruiter roles

Recruiters / admins are treated like a second class citizens. Management will feed you full of lies to get you motivated but it is all cheap talk. They do they care about you.

Bad managers
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Doing what you love with the people you love, while making a difference!

This is not for the faint of heart! It is hard work, but soooo rewarding! You are the key to your success and no one but you can hold you back from reaching whatever goals you want to set. The most incredible vehicle to take you where you want to go! You must be disciplined, focused and determined. The people are such a great family support system and their desire is your success.

Pros

Award winning culture, health and life insurance benefits, flexible schedule

None I can think of
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

You got to work for it, if you do, you can succeed

I've been with a few different IMO's over the years - this was by far the best one of the bunch. I don't want to give any "fluff" when some body reads these comments. I thought the lead quality was the best I experienced, you are still going to get the "hang-up" but that's sales for you. I didn't meet a single person who wouldn't take time to give feedback or help me out. I will say, to be a broker - its a STEEP hill to climb, you going to make mistakes, however if you get feedback, you will improve and start to find success. I thought Leadership had a good direction on where they were taking the company, and I always had the newest tools to help me succeed. When I started out, I physically went to peoples homes to help them with insurance (circa 2020) Now I do everything through phone or Zoom, and now I've started helping families through text - so the market is adapting to this. I hope this helps!

Fun place to work

On a day to day basis it’s a fairly free and inviting work environment. I love the management as they try their best to help you succeed. Biggest issue is, they want you to sell like crazy but expect you to be on 2 calls a day with the team/company. It’s not the easiest sale unless you’re a natural, life insurance is hard to sell and the next big downer is all the chargebacks, you’ll see very few of the people sell 30k apv a month but 1. They only issue (actually get paid) 60-75% of it and over the year only keep max of 80% of those on the books. Plus the business upkeep of trying to hire people and lead costs, you might truly profit 2-3k a month at least until you become a agency owner. And then it’s easier because if you’re doing it right you’re making 5k plus from your agents. Overall love the people and passion but not sure life insurance in general is for me anymore.

Pros

People/management

Chargebacks
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

You get what you put into it

Company has good culture and everyone is really welcoming. Biggest issue I have is training and pay. It is commission only so if you have a bad week there is no backup. You have to pay for leads, which is common in the industry, and the training could be a lot better

work place was ok

management was not great super toxic. the reduced pay significantly and wanted us to do more work. toxic work environment with the fake positivity. they overstressed you
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and fun working place

It’s a great company to work with. You will learn a lot of things and people will improve a lot in terms of personality leadership communications and leading from the front

Pros

Bonuses and promotions

Contras

Have a little bit of budget

Great Culture and Amazing Management

I've been here for 4 months now and I absolutely love it! You work on your own schedule which allows you to spend time with family. The pay is beyond good, and the leaders above you are always willing to help you.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A great place to be if you can afford it.

Symmetry Financial is like many other insurance companies out there that are not tied to a single brand. They have a large product portfolio, extensive and recurring training and a culture of growth and community. On paper, that all sounds like a fantastic place to work. However, the negative side is that you need to self fund your own leads. For someone starting out, $30+ a lead for fresh ones is not feasible, and the lower cost, older ones will have you spending more time getting yelled at, hung up on, and just generally ignored. Resulting in a full waste of money. If you have the finances to really dig in and get to the people that are still interested in life insurance, than the culture and training of this company is for you! If you are not well off financially, or can't afford any real losses, but still want to break into the insurance industry, then I suggest that you start out at a company that provides leads for you.

Pros

Strong Comraderies, excellent training, top leadership accessable

Contras

Very high learning curve, expensive leads, shady selling practices

Great Company/ Great People

This is a job that pays extremely well if you put in the work. You have to go out and make the sale and in the end you rewarded very well.

it's fine

all commission so that kind of sucks if you aren't selling but you basically create your own schedule & have control of your life so as long as you're selling it's kind of a nice job
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Be your own boss and have the opportunity to own your agency

You are your own boss. You go as high as the work you put in. To be successful, you pretty much have to buy leads and work the phone. Good training and great company.

MLM with empty leads

Don’t even try. It’s basically an MLM and you can’t make money until you recruit others. You have to pay for everything pre-getting hired. Which is like $250-$300. And then you have to pay for leads. Run.

Working at SFG

Manager encourages employee to put their money in slot machine and pull lever. Employee loses, manager hires new employee. The symmetry wishing well. Play the slot, it's a fun time.

Beware
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Beware!! You cannot make money unless you recruit!

I was pretty gung-ho when I got started at Symmetry and was told I could recruit or not, it was my choice. Until I heard one of the founders say, "Let's face it! you cannot make money unless you have your own agency and recruit!" I got the heck out of there pretty shortly after that.

Pros

Flexibility

Pyramid structure of company
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great for anyone who has a little money already in the bank

I really love SFG! The people, the culture and the travel. Some people join and are broke and broken and paying a lot of money for good leads will keep you in the broke category which in turn, makes you feel broken

Pros

Great culture and leaders

expensive leads
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Symmetry Financial Group. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general