TSA (Transportation Security Administration)
3,1 de 5 estrellas.
Realizar una evaluación

Evaluaciones de TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Evaluar a esta empresa

2,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 2.598 evaluaciones

Nice job security but unfulfilling...

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
I worked for TSA for almost 5 years and 6 years as a contractor and loved every minute of it. I've made a lot of friend and lost some friends as well. I will forever be grateful for all the memories.

Draining.

Bad work life balance. Management sees you as a number. Passengers disrespect you to your face on a daily basis. If you say anything to defend yourself, management will applaud the passenger while punishing you, the officer.

Terrible government

It's not the the people who you work to address in the airport that will get you in trouble but the people you work with. It's no wonder there turnover rate is so high they're the cheapest wage in government that employs people that treats the business like high school.

Pay, hours, forced overtime

Great benefits

Great benefits with decent pay. I only recommend those with very thick skin apply. Get use to certain supervisors and managers micro-managing. Some let the job get to their head and take a major power trip.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Job is easy, management/passengers make it hard

Job is easy, but management doesnt know what they're doing. They are spiteful, evil, will believe passenger complaints over their own officers. Passengers are dumber/meaner post covid.

Pros

Health, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, coworkers

Contras

Management is very demanding, unorganized, spiteful. Passengers are worse post Covid
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Fast pace environment

I won't say it's a bad place to work. It's just very repetitive shift work. The start times tend to be before the sun rising or after it sets. I found it very hard to have a social life.

A Good Mission Ruined By Poor Culture

Most toxic job I’ve ever worked. Management is messy and disorganized, some managers are downright adversarial and rude to the employees. Same can be said of those who run the training facilities, being heard insulting students as well as each other. The pay is abysmal after the huge tax cut, coworkers are cold and prone to back stabbing. The mission and vision are a joke when backed by this sort of culture, I can only roll my eyes at it now.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A paycheck and the benefits..

No mission , no purpose, all smoke and mirrors, no leadership no respect. All politics and corruption. Don’t waste your life ..at this job it’s not with it . Your treated like a criminal. Most of the co workers are snakes ..

Average

Your co workers will be the ones that create a toxic work environment. Stay to yourself until you know who’s cool. Pay is average not much overtime and the job will take your whole day unless you don’t mind working from 3am to 12 in the afternoon. Benefits are cool if that’s what your looking forward to when you 65

Tread lightly

Do it if you need money. Make a year, then transfer to other federal agencies. Watch your back. Document everything and don't feel rushed to do anything.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good job ruined by management and culture

The job itself can be fun and rewarding, but uncaring management and a very negative employee culture make going into work every day a strain on mental health.

Run don’t apply

Just a horrible place to work RUN AWAY FOR YOUR OWN GOOD. One of the worst agencies in the entire Federal Government. Poor pay,Horrible management, treated horribly by passengers. Overworked and underpaid! Toxic work environment over all. But if you plan to be a TSO get in the get out asap like I’m trying to do this with help you enter into the field of law enforcement easily.

Pros

Federal Benefits entry level federal work

Contras

Horrible management, extremely low pay

Horrible

Promotion process is the worst...based on how well you answer questions..not work ethic. The moral is very low. Management is incompetent and narcissistic.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very interesting work place, I enjoy meeting new people every day

Great company to work for if you enjoy dealing with people, everyday all day!! The best part for me is when I give the kids stickers and they faces light up!!!

Busy and overworked

Good place to get a foot in the door to other government agencies. Overtime is available on top of mandatory overtime. Promotion process is poor. All who you know and if you can tell a story. Pay is decent. Benefits are good.

Great!

Nice place to work lots of fun and great people overall. Would recommend to anyone if interested in going for it at any time for any reason. Very busy.

Work is fast paced

Work is fast paced unfortunately management pushes to hard to be perfect and be fast. The management is always looking to write you up for anything, so it is a fear based environment. Safety and speed do not mix. Few managers back there employees and let passengers treat employees rudely. Go look for a different job.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

This job is extremely physical, stressful, unappreciated

There is no job security at the TSA, they can let you go for any reason for the entire first year, as short-staffed and underpaid as they are, I saw them let several people go while I was working there that were great workers and should have been able to stay, one security mistake is all it takes for you to be out

Pros

Good insurance benefits

Contras

The wages are way below what they should be, the hours suck, there is no job security
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Every Bad review is CORRECT.

If you read a bad review, it's 100% accurate. TSA is the very bottom of the barrel federal employees, and they will make sure you feel like it once you're in! They try to make you feel like being a federal employee is great and benefits are awesome to get you in the door. IT SUCK!! Pay is average, benefits aren't good, I've had better at other companies. They nit pick you on every little detail, DON'T TRUST A SINGLE CO-WORKER!! Some take their job serious and are straight up snitches. Don't let a sign on bonus fool you into working here. The hiring process takes a minimum of 6 months, any other job you could have by the end of the week and start the following Monday.

Pros

2 15 min breaks and 1 30..

Contras

Pay, benefits, managers, snitches, boring
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Do you like working mandatory 6-day work weeks 8 to 12 hours every day (TSA LIT/XNA Arkansas)? Well than this is the job for you. If you dislike spending time with your family or you live to work this is your job. Do you need a day off from work? Well, you’re not going to get that because we have been short staffed for 3 plus years. What if you use sick time to take a day off, we get a lot because we work for the government. If you call off more than 3 times in 4 months, you will be written up. What if you call out sick 1 day come back to work the next day and decided you were not well enough to come back and call out sick 1 day again you will receive a write up. What about the union? TSA made the union pretty worthless, the have very little authority. Like most of TSA, upper management can make or break an airport or in our case our state is broken. The FSD, AFSD and upper Management have decided for the second year now that we should all work mandatory 6-day work weeks with no end in sight. The FSD, AFSD and upper Management have done a great job at running employees off that have been with TSA 5, 10, 15 and 20 years. Most of the people that leave even take pay cuts because they dislike the work environment so much. The only way to fix this is if TSA looks at the states with huge amounts of employee turnover and ask why? If they asked why they would see it was management and then they would need to clean house, force all upper management out and bring in people from another state.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good benefits but low pay and labor intensive.

It's a decent job at its core, there are good benefits when it comes to health insurance and leave accumulated over time but its a labor intensive job and lots of people you have to deal with everyday. It's good to build connections to law enforcement and government employers for future opportunities. It's can be a career but I wouldn't recommend it. So many other better jobs out there than TSA.

Pros

Lots of opportunities for future employment in goverment along with good health insurance.

Contras

Short breaks, low income, overworked. You need to know this is a labor intensive job.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en TSA (Transportation Security Administration). Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,1 de 5 estrellas en Estabilidad laboral/Desarrollo profesional
2,6 de 5 estrellas en Gerencia
2,8 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • TSA (Transportation Security Administration)
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?