Targa Resources

3,5Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 118 evaluaciones

Good benefits little low on pay

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Good benefits. Pays a little low. Company seems to take pretty good care of the employees. Good schedule and flexible if something happens at home you have to take care of.

Stereotypical Petroleum Company

Has a culture of cronyism: they will find a reason to get rid of you if you don't "gel": starch your clothes and wear a cowboy hat. They like to bark orders at contractors and the keys contractors of always being wrong. Safety is horrendous: I believe I was the only one that wore steel toe boots, everyone else wore their cowboy boots....If you can go along with all the cronyism then you'll fit in, but if you're someone that can think for yourself and be your own person, you won't last long.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Senior management needs to hold their managers accountable

Severe problem with VP level management not holding their area managers and supervisors accountable for their actions. Added to the fact that Senior VP's have on several occasions told lower managers they will hire someone when it is clear they would not accommodate anyone else in a similar situation. Nepotism and favoritism are very predominate.

Productive and Fun workplace

Loved my job. Very dedicated to accuracy, if I wasn't 100% sure of a process I researched it, sometimes this meant standing up to my boss to explain how to process correctly, sometimes this made my boss upset but in the end we did the right thing. However in the end my manager treated me unfairly

Pros

Great benefits

Contras

Careful of mgrs old school

Good steady career

Definitely sonority at this company but overall a good place to work. Steady work, hours, Okay yearly raises. Have nothing bad to say about Targa Resources, just be patient and don't get overwhelmed with growing in the company

Pros

Steady safe work

Contras

very slow growth in company
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Not true to their word. Empty promises.

Management (not all) picks and chooses favorites. Management, (even top management), speaks to their subordinates about other subordinates poorly. That’s really professional. Seen instances where if they don’t like you they tell lower management to find a reason to get rid of you. Regardless of the person’s job performance.

Good place to learn

Targa is a great place to learn and grow. They put a lot of trust and responsibility on their Employee’s. Safe work environment and care and support from management.

Pros

Great benefits

Small office
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Best job I’ve ever had , zero stress and work with a lot of good folks in all departments. They don’t overwhelm you with overtime, so you get some time off to enjoy with family . Great benefits and management has been a joy to work with .

Pros

Zero stress, Good benefits, great work environment, lots of time off

Contras

Need a popcorn machine and bigger refrigerator

Great Place to Work

Targa offers very competitive wages, they care about their employees and operate in a safe working mindset. They have numerous job positions and have great leadership. Overall a really good Midstream company to work for.

Pros

401k match, annual bonus and Merit Raises. Christmas Bonus

Contras

Some Work Locations are very remote areas. (Orla, Tx)

great company

Targa is a good company to work for they have a profit sharing plan in which all employees are a part of and overall they treat you like family enjoyed working for them

A good midstream company

Targa is positioned well in midstream, so I believe they're well suited for longevity. Generally, upper management "gets it". They don't holler and scream at mistakes, they listen, and (IMO) had a good response to the pandemic (ie we had the infrastructure to WFH immediately and productively, we were never rushed back into the office, etc). Base pay is average, bonus will help get you where you want to be. Advancing may be hard if you don't fit the good ole boy mold.. at least that how it seems when you look at who's "making it" and who isn't.

Micromanagement

Good benefits, if you are willing to put up with micromanagement . Employees will find out after the fact. So manager will enjoy writing you up. Human resources will stand against.Overall, is to be a great place to work.

Pros

Vacation time

Contras

Management and supervisor, change rules to fix their agenda. They have become corrupt with the power of their position.

Fair Compensation

Fair compensation with good work life balance. With the Coronavirus pandemic going on HR was always quick to contact trace and give the tools to do our jobs from home if applicable.

Good benifets

When I first hired there Targa was a excellent company probably one of the best I’d ever worked for. But as time went on management changed to the worse… restrictions and rules got worse … in the end they made it difficult to work for. Stayed stressed all the time worried about how much longer I’d have my job

Pros

Good pay

Contras

Micromanaging, watching your every move

Ok

Great pay and bonuses, if you luck out with a good manager it is tolerable otherwise you will not have a life work balance. Slow to act and don’t really listen to those who do the actual work.

Targa

One of the better terminals to work for. Fair pay good hours. All asphalt terminal with rail and ship off loading. Need more characters to finish..

Pros

Fair pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to work . Excellent benifits package !! You getv2 weeks vacation the very first day you start . Awesome guys to work with out in the feild

Not a bad place to work . The benefits are really good . Job stability was really good before Corona hit . I no longer work there so I dont know about these days . The pay is good . And depending where you work be ready to work some hours !! Especially if you are on call , your pay check will look good . The hands in the field are some really good people !! They will watch your back and will help you . Managment not so much . They are looking after they're bonuses ha . I would probably work for targa again .

Pros

Steady job !!

Long hours at times
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The company itself is great

Good benefits, good work experience, and you get to work with knowledgeable people. Just be careful if you're a potential candidate for the Houston office for a particular department, as a certain supervisor there will throw you under the bus, make false claims, and make demands of you for the sole purpose of making him look good to higher-ups, because he's not willing to do the work himself and would rather sit at his desk surfing news and sports articles. He'll also pass off his own work to his employees, and encourage you to stay late, skip lunch, or even skip breaks to "show initiative" and "be proactive." He believes this is okay because you will be "getting paid well for the kind of work you do." Also be aware that you may be hired for a certain position and then be thrust into a different one where you're not doing the work you were originally hired for, because they couldn't keep that empty role filled.

Pros

Benefits, overtime pay, access to learning resources like Udemy

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Poor upper management and work culture

Middle to upper management has no idea how they should or should not be supervising. Toxic working environment and poor morale. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place to get your feet wet

Targa is a great place to learn the business of an integrated midstream company. I would recommend for people who are starting their careers or ending it, but for those of who are mid career, not so much.

Pros

Little micromanagement

Long hours at times
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive work site, layed back atmosphere, down to basics, low stress.

Low pay, good atmosphere, site management down to earth, low pressure atmosphere. Also lacked in paying competitive rates. Benefits not to bad, pre-covid. Site new and bare bones, no frills unit, business unit not in company's core business, sold this non core asset. Low yearly pay increases, non competitive rates, although benefits were pretty good.

Pros

Free lunches often.

Contras

Non core asset, got shutdown and sold.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Targa Resources. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general