Tarmac
3.4 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Tarmac

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 229 evaluaciones

muy bien

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
excelente trabajo muy buen ambiente aunque muy poco personal
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Average. Positives: Salary was ok/small annual bonus, good colleagues. Negatives: Limited scope for progression, job security, low morale.

Typical day often started at 7am at a specified depot, normally finishing before 5pm. Involved travelling around to agreed depots/sites by company supplied van, to sample concrete. My supervisors and many of my colleagues on the front line were good to work with. Many of who were working under pressure by upper management/ parent company demands. Restructuring/redundancies has damaged morale, there is a lot of negativity in the workforce. There is currently no scope for progression in this region for this company. Requisite training was provided for (like first aid courses etc) although further personal development training opportunities became scarce to non-existent. This makes the company Personal Development Plan a bit of a joke. Job security isn't a certainty in this company.Salary was ok for what it was, plus a one off company-wide (small) bonus if company hit its financial targets. Also access to discount/ reward schemes.

Pros

Access to brand/shop discount schemes. Supervisors, front line managers were fine to work with. H&S taken seriously.

Contras

Low morale in workforce, a lot of negativity. Job security. Limited scope for progression.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Could have been so much better

Initially very excited to work there. soon after starting quarry manager started backing out of terms in my contract also beginning to put pressure on to being “on call” a lot of the time which was never discussed in the interview. Was told Monday-Friday but pressured into working full weekends all the time and very much frowned upon if you had the odd weekend off. Had issues with a fellow colleague ranging from trying to trick me into poor workmanship to trying to blame me for faults the he had actually done. Reported to management on various occasions but was swept under the carpet and denied. Management unapproachable and have everyone living in fear. Running machinery on a shoe string etc etc

Pros

Good rate of pay

Contras

Poor management Issues brought to attention ignored Running machinery on a shoe string, Promote poor behaviour in the workplace, The list goes on
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Place good management need to run place no union

To many idol people doing nothing and avoiding working on phones management need to run place ? Not union ? Some good men but most don’t want to know you if you’re not in the click then your not in. The management know about it and they are scared to death of them it needs a good clear out. And to put foot down and if don’t like it you know we’re gate is ? I would go back there as supervisor and do it and wouldn’t be afraid of the man power that’s wot whitwell quarry needs ???

To long
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

More interested in profits for shareholders than they are people.

Overall not a terrible company to work for other than the fact your constantly worrying about being made redundant because the shareholders want a few extra quid. The whole company is working at a ridiculously low staffing level which is unsustainable and it causing a number of staff a great deal of stress (including myself). Long contracted hours but still expected to work more. Not contracted to work weekends but for some reason still have to request them off and arrange your own cover? However management have always been reasonably fair when ive had unexpected family issues and have needed last minute time off. In conclusion CRH have ruined Tarmac, ive worked for Tarmac for a number of years and it has progressively gotten worse since CRH took over. I would say avoid unless your happy to be overworked, underpaid and happy to worry about redundancy constantly.

Pros

In my personal experience good management.

Contras

Long hours and having to request days off that you arent even contracted to work.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Rubbish wage

It was a decent job. The lads were spot on the management didn't really have a clue the wages were rubbish. The area manager just 5old you what he thought you wanted to hear. No progression and they lied about moving up tears and getting paid more.

Pros

Free hot drinks.

Contras

Rubbish wages, One of the team leaders was the worst and didn't listen, The upper management was clueless.

Excellent place to work

Excellent place to work. Great office .good team work. On site parking.very flexible.Cycle to work scheme.Sick pay.25 days holiday p aCompany rewards scheme

Pros

Pension/sick pay

Contras

Monthly basic for office staff. Not able to earn bonus

I love the workplace

I work in Birmingham asphalt washwood Heath and honestly I must say being here almost a year the management at our site are brilliant and always willing to help, our supervisors and assistant manager I couldn’t have asked for better and our team is great we all get along. I haven’t had no issues at all and have been given time off when needed and have had help offered to me through a company help scheme that I did not take but regardless it’s nice to know help is there. Joining tarmac and the job security for me is all I need (could do with more of a pay rise lol) but never the less I’m glad to have the management and the team I have here at washwood Heath Birmingham. Plus the tarmac rewards schemes is helpful with discounts and rewards from retailers etc

Pros

Managers and team, job security, help if needed (mental help financial help etc), reward schemes

Contras

Could do with a little more pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good support from the colleagues

A company wich is working just thinking on profits, considering their employees just numbers.As a driver, you can work just temporary, no contract is being made. They use you in the peak times, then you are "disposable "If you want a career, the possibility to grow, stability, it's not the place.Fork lift drivers minimums wedges as well in a multimillion industry.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Over worked and VERY under paid for the industry

Worked at several different sites within the South East, was good experience and received good knowledge of the Industry however, overtime was almost bullied into you, progression only happened if your face fit, some managers were ok but others would lie just to keep you from leaving, big turnover of staff, hard graff for very little pay

Pros

Experience and courses

Contras

Pressured overtime and very low pay

Horrendous

With Tarmac you become very familiar with the interview process as they make you reapply for your own job every 1-2 years. Constant pressure for production and health and safety is beyond a joke.

Long hours, low wage

Poor management

Parent company have come in and decimated Tarmac staffing levels to an impossible level. Lots of us lost jobs at short notice. I am fortunate that I have transferable skills and start a new role on Monday. Senior Management is all about jobs for the boys (their chums). Morale is at an all time low. CRH are all about getting dividends to shareholders, at any cost I am afraid, including paying divis whilst most of the company were on furlough. Trust me, stay clear as really cannot be trusted.

Pros

Great staff at the coal face

Terrible weak managers
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Well rewardef but you have to earn it.

Very stressful chasing targets. Not a lot of sympathy for illness and looked upon as a failure for going sick even if serious illness. Lots of pressure chasing targets. Not much teamwork as several companies within one and all chasing their own targets at the expense of others. Looked upon as 'uncommitted 'passing over promotion as being seriously ill due to working pressures.

Pros

10 days holiday at Christmas

Contras

Lots of travelling between sites. Long hours.

Long hours low pay

Worked as a class 2 tipper driver for 16 months but you don't work for Tarmac you work for a franchise haulier .I liked the job but the hours got longer sometimes your hourly rate would equate to less than 10 pounds an hour as you only got paid for 10 hours with no overtime paid.There was no pension scheme and none was offered in the end my hours got so long that I negotiated overtime pay which was promised to be paid at the end of the month the money never materialised and so I left.

Pros

Clean work

Contras

Long hours no overtime or pension

Amazing industry and people

I had a lot of skills learnt here and am forever grateful for the advancement and managerial skills I was under. The department's talk and forever looking at maintaining high standards

Bad management

Good pay and rate however management structure wasn’t the best and people always looking for a reason to get one up on someone. Not the greatest for apprenticeships, although that’s not speaking for all sites. Just a general lack of line managers knowing how to help and end result being the apprentice has to try and finish all the coursework with little to no help from managers

Pros

Good pay

Management structure

Don't bother

Quarry management is none existent and completely qlueless about what's going on around him and quarry regulations. Health and safety only matter when there has been an accident. Just get on with it. If you don't like it the gate is there to keep you out not inGreat bunch of lads P... Poor management

Pros

Good lads on the ground

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very negative and horrible to work there

Shocking place to work they are very negative and the management is too. No direction or leadership no wonder so many years experience have left very little pay for so many hours a stressful environment to work in not what the job was described.

Long hours poor pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Love working at tarmac the people are great I look forward to going work if you can get a job with this company I would highly recommend it..you learn alot at this company..

Pros

Lunches an brew machine 😁

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Nice variety of work, with constant progression and ample training provided.The hardest part of the job was managing the health and safety but it was also the most rewarding.

Pros

Responsibily, training, H&s

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Really good company to work for. But beware of individual site management.

Tarmac CRH is a good company to work for with a lot of opportunities for progression in the company and lot to learn about the industry. With that being said the success of a company in the end comes down to individual site managements which either make or break a company. So it's safe to say that the management of Moutsorrel quarry is successfully driving the company in the ground with multiple break downs and lost tonnage and to make matters worse they have hired absolutely anyone as so called "plant fitters" who don't have a clue about what they are doing. The quality of technical aptitude and engineering ability of the maintenance team is pathetic to say the least. Also the managers don't have a clue of the heavy industry which is why they keep on lying and it's making the place more dangerous than it's already is. And thanks to the incompetent fitters they have hired. I am a "Service Technician "which is equivalent to a Service Engineer position in any part of the world. NOT OVER HERE. Here it is below a fitter position with much less pay and no shift allowance although the work, hours and the risks associated to the job is the same for service technician and fitter. The managers have essentially lied about the job tile/ work description during the interview process. Another lie was I was supposed to work on mobile plant in the quarry but now work only on fixed plant thereby wasting my time and skills. That's how I landed over here because they told a lot of colorful lies.

Pros

Lots of training provided, fairly well equipped workshops but there is room for improvement, Some really experienced and knowledgeable people work over there.

Contras

Long hours, shift patterns are unhealthy, no shift allowance, pay is way low for the hours and risk related to the job, incapable management.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Tarmac. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general