The Capital Grille

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 331 evaluaciones

Faltas de respeto

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Ambiente con acoso, intimidación, y beneficios confusos

Professional waiter

Good money, easy work. Hard part is working holidays, doubles, 15 days in a row and be considered part time - no vacation, no paid time off, no benefits, no promotion, no formal training, no advancement, no promotions. Management does not care about work/life balance. Favoritism strong - will impede.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Money to be made but be prepared for favoritism and no support/recognition from management

The Capital Grille Garden City gives you the opportunity to make money without question. Be prepared to stand around while the managers favorites get all of the tables though. Management focuses on all of the wrong things and doesn’t give credit where credit is due. The location is poorly run and it is not enjoyable to come to work. The standard of the Capital Grille has gone down post-COVID-19 and it seems like they just don’t care as much. The management team doesn’t pay nearly the same attention to detail.

Lots of Education, Managers Helpful, Great Pay

-excellent pay for servers (only down side is no automatic gratuity groups 6 or more)-really supportive management and coworkers -fun environment and pleasant team with a lot of experience and plenty of opportunities to learn-menu fairly easy to learn
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fair and honest management.

It was the longest hospitality position I ever held. 8 years. It was difficult at first because of all the corporate red tape. But the bottom line was if you knew your products and performed they took care of you. Split shifts were a drag but you must take the good with the rest.Highly recommended. But it helps to have an A game.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Exhausting but good tips

Little to no growth available unless you want to slide to the back of the house. No one enjoys the work causing a bad work culture, no one wants to leave because they have grown dependent on the tips they receive and can’t downsize their life to get another career.

It was an okay job.

Do not work as a hostess, you are underpaid for what you do. Some of the servers were very rude to the hostess. I would not recommend my worst enemy to work there.

Make decent money

Very poor management from the GM who is never there. More concerned about their bonuses than fixing things in the restaurant and giving employees the supplies and tools they need for their jobs. Zero seniority. High school host staff is in charge of your money basically.

Pros

Free employee meal

Contras

No breaks, open every holiday except Xmas

Great pay, poor management

Overall good experience although management was often sub par and unprofessional. Must enjoy catering to all types of people and truly go above and beyond for your guests. Compensation is tips but the price point is quite high so often you don’t need many tables to do very well. Like most serving jobs it can be stressful and you must be able to multitask and know when and how to ask for help from your fellow servers and team.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Room for growth and flexibility

Management is super into the “capital” way to do things, but there’s a ton of room for growth and everyone is super nice and welcoming. Money is hit or miss depending on the season, but when it hits it’s very good.

Pros

Management. Growth.

Slow season.

I loved my job there

I worked at the Capital Grille in Washington DC and I absolutely loved my experience there. The team of managers is the best you'll find. All of my coworkers were helpful, nice, and worked hard with me. The guests were great and most of them were people in Congress who were willing to spend a lot and leave you with a great tip so I was very happy with the money I was making there. Many of the servers have been working there for decades so that tells you a lot about this restaurant and the way they run things. It's a healthy work environment.

Pros

- Family meals every day - Great team of managers - Fast and efficient teamwork - Friendly guests
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good company to work for

-Family meals are made every day before your shift. -Most employees are competent and helpful.-Incredible menu.-Guests are hit or miss. As long as you can get them what they want, they’re happy.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to work at if you can handle the job demands

I worked at the Capital Grille for a few years and made good consistent money there. It’s one of the better steakhouses/restaurants and it’s consistently busy because of the name and the location.The bad is because of the restaurants procedure’s there’s way too much responsibility/work/stress placed on the servers. And there’s also a lot of side work for the servers to do at all times.

Temporary Job

Low Money in this precise location. The management is so cheap.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I respect the job, but the job doesn't always respect me.

Overall, the quality of the work I was doing was very high and I did feel proud of it for the most part... however, I was only a host and I was not treated as well as the server team. I don't think it's the worst job to have, but they definitely don't respect you there if you aren't perceived as making them a lot of money, and you're expected to live for your job even if you aren't making much money. The job itself was very mundane and I felt like I had no purpose in life for the entirety of my time working there, although I suppose that's more a personal matter. And the guests themselves have a tendency to be very entitled, as a female, I got hit on by lots of much older men and they constantly told me to "smile More" (I am not going to smile and play nice with an old creep who obviously just wants to get into my pants, thanks.) Not all the guests were like this though, some of them were absolutely lovely and I do miss some of them dearly.

Pros

family meal, sounds fancy, really cool guests, wonderful coworkers

Contras

expected to live your life for them even at minimal pay, hard to move up to a better paying position, classest and sexist guests

loved it!

if you want to feel like family goes work over there! they make you feel valued and it's great life balance work, please do me a favor apply and you will see

Great people low pay

The location and hours are ideal but as a dishwasher you have one of the worst jobs. It is non stop and can at times be maddening. The worst part is your paid the lowest wage in the resteraunt. I'm not expecting sous chef or server kind of money but I bust my butt everyday and every week my paycheck barely covers my bills. I love the people I work with and the managers but the pay makes me feel devalued. Maybe one day they will come to there senses and pay people what they deserve.

Pros

Great people

Poor pay

Racial background matters

Very high expectations for some employees not all. Lots of favoritism and unfairness. Management is very vengeful if confronted of the injustices. Many have quit , some were pushed out by being given less hour and no tables at times .

Pros

Free family meal

Contras

Not everyone is treated the same.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great money, lots of menu/wine knowledge very helpful

Great money. Great management. You need to spend a lot of your own time learning and trying good wine. Knowing about it will help you immensely. You need to be trained in fine dining serving. It’s very precise. You have to build a rapport with your regular customers. It helps you get better sections.

Pros

Good pay, good management

Contras

Dealing with high end clients.

They’ll lie to you.

Stressful. Also too much Favoritism!! judge-mental people, understaffed and they don’t give a F if they are.They’ll lie as well saying we have potential and growth for your career.

No upward mobility

With the managing partners in NY locked in, there was no way to move up. The salary could have been higher, considering our sales, & the quarterly bonus structure hasn't been consistent since before Covid.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en The Capital Grille. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general