The Home Depot
3,7 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de The Home Depot

Puntuaciones por categoría

3,5Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 58.794 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 58.812 evaluaciones

El ambiente de trabajo es estresante

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Los gerentes usualmente están más enfocados en los números que en los empleados, la cultura general es aceptable y el servicio al cliente es mucho mejor que el sus competidores.Es una gran corporación pero han de mejorar su política de reconocimiento a los empleados y al salario que pagan.

Pros

Beneficios completos: seguro medico, odontológico, 401K, vacaciones pagadas, feriados pagados, cerrado en Thanksgiving y Navidad, fiesta de final de año, reconocimiento mensual de empleados

Contras

El salario no está al nivel de la carga laboral, Las promociones depende del favoritismo de los gerentes.

Fun Place to Work

This was a very fun place to work and you have a chance to meet a lot of new people. There is a lot to learn about diy projects. For all of the work that has to be done the pay definitely needs to be better.

Customer service

This place was really good great benefits & cost you get a lot of overtime plus get paid extra great medical insurance also you get free food at this company.

Poor hiring process

Didn’t even “work” there because half of the crew didn’t know what the other half was doing. No communication, and poor management. However fun and easy work.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very helpful work team/crew, understanding, n respectful willing to train on the job site, train as u work and flexible on work schedule with family.

I would love my job back with home depot if I have a second chance I enjoyed my job, there. It is a great experience with the workers/team. I learned a lot in the time of my employment with home depot.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

You may drink the orange coolaid

I'll admit that a customer service job is exactly what you'd expect. You're on the phone, navigating systems, and handling customers when you have to tell them no. That being said, the culture of Home Depot as a company is what gets people to stay. Great Job security
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Uninspiring corner of the universe

Just cause you're female and young, people think they can do or say anything to you. Management seemed invisible. Had to walk on eggshells. Had to tolerate every single work day
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

i would work for the home depot again if the opportunity was there

There was no interview, i was hired through an email after confirming my availability. The HR manager was very vocal about not having any say in who was hired because the process was now done at the corporate level. I was shocked and didn’t quite believe an e-mail that proclaimed “your hired” but from there i chose my time to go in and complete the background check portion. I originally applied for a cashier position but was offered a job in tool rental, the work was hard when we had customers but I was well compensated. The management all went out of their way to ensure each employee was in a position they were comfortable working, knew the ability to be cross trained ( no- there aren’t that many people who know about plumbing or electrical- the home depot pays for them to learn what they need to know to help the customers) the management were very friendly and took the staff safety very seriously.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Overall a good place to work

Overall it has been a good experience. Usually the management has your back, the only real issue you may face is with the customers. I did have a problem with one of the managers, in which they would not change my schedule. It took me saying I would quit my job for them to drop some of my hours. But other than that, it has been fine.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Only good thing is the workers who are with you.

Barely hiring, management doesn't care if your by yourself. Work schedule is trash at best. Only way you can get a decent schedule you can get is to keep asking management over and over. They always say "well we can keep it permanent." So be careful with that.

Pros

Cool people, not all of them.

Contras

Minimum workers. Poor training.

Exhausting

The work life balance is nearly nonexistent. It’s like pulling teeth to get understanding from management to create that work life balance and in terms of personal appointments or family obligations, they are only interested in how much more you can give not what they can give to you.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to work and learn new things

Working at The Home Depot allows you to learn a lot, but it was hard for me. I hate going to work because I know I am underpaid for the work I do as a lumber associate. Just for a change, you return home with all your bones broken.

Tedious walking

Cool place.. nice co workers, could get paid a lot more.. they must overwork people because they can’t never keep a parking lot associate. Overall it’s a decent place to work at.

Pros

A nice work environment

Tedious walking

Decent pace, fair pay

Home Depot is better than most retailers in that you actually learn some things you can use outside work. Friendly coworkers and management, fairly flexible hours.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

great place to work if you work hard

as a garden associate; the hardest job there, there are those willing to help when needed. Too many managers and different things expected from each makes it tough. Best part of job is interacting with public and fellow workers.

Pros

long lunches and friendly people

Contras

short breaks and many expectations given

Productive and good pay

The pay was good. The management could of been better but overall the work place environment was good. Chances of moving around and learning more jobs is high but you have to ask and keep asking for them to remember you want to try something new.

Great job

My experience at the job was amazing. Available to choose your availability that will fit your schedule which made me comfort and also the pay is great.

Pros

Pay, Random surprises

Customers
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great environment and very productive and professional place

This company always on point with products even though the pandemic our shelves had items and mostly disinfectant against the virus. Always look out for their employees because with happy employees they will be satisfied customers

Safety, Communication and help

Despite the training videos, the emphasis on tam lifts, etc., associates frequently have to lift dangerous amounts of weight.I was offered one schedule and unbeknownst to me I was given another.It could have been a good experience but too much is expected of o.f.a. (order fulfillment ) for not enough pay.

Pros

safety gloves

Contras

low pay, bad hours, lack of communication

Tool Rental

People working in my department are nice old folks that have mechanical backgrounds. I got into the department because of my tinkering hobbies such as welding and building bikes. I just clean machines and put them back on the shelves but sometimes I get to learn with the mechanics how some of the equipment functions, it's pretty neat. Good first job but don't stay for over a year, stuff like management and the lack of associates get old real fast

Pros

Good benefits, hour lunch available, pay is ok

Contras

Management don't understand personal problems, really strict, lack of associates

Really depends on management

HD has its pros and cons. My personal experience was generally negative with management. I saw a lot of favoritism, and that really doesn't sit well with me. I think a large part of how much you enjoy your job rests with how good and consistent management is. If you've got good managers, it makes such a difference! If you get lazy, fickle managers, that will definitely affect your experience there. Also on a negative, they pay new hires above minimum wage, but I found that I was only getting raises to minimum and therefore getting less than a new hire. But I was doing twice the work and had 5 times the knowledge that a new hire had. They wanted to stay competitive by hiring new people at higher than minimum, but then they should also take care of their existing employees. I will say, though, one of the positives of working there was that they did do things for the employees on holidays and such. That was nice.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en The Home Depot. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general