The J. M. Smucker Company

3,4Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 517 evaluaciones

Excelente empresa, muy comprometida con su crecimiento y la comunidad

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
aprendí que las empresas, además de tener objetivos entendibles para todos los que en ella laboran, deben de ser muy claras en su propósito como empresa, y de igual manera comunicarlo.

Good place

Leave the schedule alone and you will keep good employees. The work is not hard but a rotating schedule is not needed. The have ran away a lot of good employees.

Great place

A challenging and demanding job that tests your boundaries, and allows you to think outside the box. I enjoyed my time here, and learned something new every week. They provided training and support.

Very strict company

This company is very strict with attendance and tardiness, and strict I mean even if you’re a minute late you will have a probation extended, and if you’re late again even by a single minute, you will be terminated. Also a down side of the job is it is an swing shift which is built for some people but not everybody, you can make good money at this company but expect most your time to be spent working to reach anything over 50,000 a year on starting salary.

Good money, easy work

You can make plenty of money, and overtime is usually plentiful. You should know that the company is very "woke", so decide if you like that environment.

Pros

Free pb&j and free coffee. Cafeteria with limited menu and limited serving hours.

Micromanagers rule.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Overall if you don’t want a life outside of work this is the place to be

You don’t have much time out of work. A lot of 12 hour shifts, sometimes you work 13 days in a row get “one day off” then Turn around and come in early Monday morning. It can become very stressful but on the bright side which every upper management will tell you is at least you make great money and have great benefits. If that’s all okay with you than you’ll love it here. If you have family or friends you ever want to see than I’d strongly recommend finding another job.

Expect to work 12 hours instead of your scheduled 8

There are pro's and con's for every job there. For the most part the jobs aren't difficult but it can get extremely hot and humid in the summer time. If scheduled for an 8 hour shift, always expect to work 12. As stated, the jobs aren't difficult, it's just the constant overtime that will wear a person down. Personally, I haven't been scheduled for less than 60 hrs each week for 3 months and that's no exaggeration. They try and give weekends off but depending on your shift, you may only get one full day off since they schedule some 2nd shifters to come in for 4 hours Sunday nights to assist with startup and some 3rd shifters to come in Friday evening for 4 hours usually to help with clean up.

Pros

Money and benefits

Contras

No life, constant mandatory overtime
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It’s practically a sweat shop unless if you’ve been there 30 years to get a good bid with no overtime

I don’t advise this position for an extended period of time as this place only really treats employees as a number, unless if you can get lucky and win a bid for a different and more cozy position. All around Dry is mismanaged, unappreciative, misdirected with incorrect goals set, and rarely listen to the employees who practically live there, most of which know better than the people who run the place. A lot of hypocritical management and non-standard class workers that police employees excessively with little comprehension of the mental wear working here has, but they’ll go back to sitting in air conditioned, clean rooms with cushioned chairs after so it’s the least of their concern. The only real positive is that a lot of interesting and fun to be around people work here that have been a pleasure to meet and work along side. Along with the pay of course, although in this section of the facility it is no where near worth it.

Mediocre Workplace

Love the job that I have. Smuckers also has great benefits and great pay. However this plant has very poor management and is in transition to a 24/7 schedule and only half the plant is transitioned. You have a day shift 7am-7pm on a 2-3-2 schedule or night shift 3 on 3 of schedule. The other half of the plant is 8hrs and you do shift changes. Also there is no such thing as personal time anymore. We are on a point based system now. So if you get a flat tire and call in less then 1hr before your shift you get a point. If you call before 1hr you don’t get a point as long as you have personal time to use. You get 6 points then after that it’s termination. There can be opportunities to grow if you know the right people, Otherwise you are stuck where you are at. Also this place doesn’t have work life balance because of the high turnover rate. So what was supposed to be 12hr days depending on the shift you where on there where times where people had to work 30 12hr days in a row. So lots of people get burnt out and quit/resign. So if you don’t mind the overtime and no work life balance. This is a good place to work. Also the people are great to work with. I have a good position at the company so there are not as many cons for me. I am just relaying what a lot of my fellow colleagues have expressed their concerns to me about the company.

Poor Management

Leadership is not focused on the right things or the people. Opportunities exist only for the select few. They are now more focused on "wokeness" and have foresaken their community and many of their older, highly experienced people.

Pros

free product

management/leadership/wokeness

Good benefits and compensation,

Great training opportunities for junior leaders and excellent internships for engineers to get hired on for all operations roles.All operations roles will have the opportunity to develop a skill set around TPM and work in the P&G pillar model

Great place to work.

Great place to work and learn. Your better off though if you just go in and do your job and keep it 100% work related because 90% of the employees like to cause drama that is unnecessary in the work place. A lot of petty nonsense. Management is pretty great and the people in the office are pretty nice as well. Lots of different things to learn in the company and lots of ways to advance. Great family oriented place as well. Hours can be long at times but a great laid back atmosphere for the most part.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Safe and clean environment with a professional staff

I very much like working with this company I would still be there now except for a situation of my own doing not of Smuckers exceptional good company good work ethics care for their employees and make it easy for us to do well at our jobs.

Awful culture

They do not practice the culture they preach. People are promoted to Sr Mgr positions based on favors they call into the Company, not by experience. Risk manager was brought in to the company with no Risk experience and was an awful human to deal with. Multiple complaints lodged to HR with nothing being done. Dead end jobs. Not a good place to work.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good pay and benefits, but...

The job itself is not that bad: fairly routine, with decent pay and benefits. There is a definitive "culture" here, and they do not like people who "rock the boat" so to speak. If you are capable of not speaking your mind and just saying "yes sir/ma'am, no sir/ma'am", then this is a perfect fit for you.They focus too much on what you do wrong, and not enough on what you do right - and will make a big deal of that. And by that, they will put it on blast and turn a mountain into a molehill. tl;dr: If you can keep your mouth shut and head down, go for it. If you have a brain and are capable of independent thought? Beware.

Best place to work

Best place to work for. Training plans are perfect. Management cares about you. Only issue was day night changing shifts. Rest everything was fine. If no day nights shifts, will be first one to go back.

Pros

Benefits

Contras

Easy job, just show up

I work 12 on 2 off typically, 8 hour days. Your shift can change monthly unless you work something out with your team.( This is the hardest thing for most people) Workplace culture is acceptable. I personally enjoy learning anything and everything new whether it be from electricians/ maintenance/ contractors or specialists, there are a wide range of people who are generally willing to be helpful. These are also positions that one can elevate to if they so desired.

Pros

Good pay with good pay scaling. Benefits. Double time pay

Work schedule i guess
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

physically demanding job with low pay

Working at smuckers was physically demanding and you had to be quick during the job. Always watched by supervisors and camera , and you must keep up with the pace.

Pros

You get paid weekly

Contras

constant watch by supervisors and camera. pay is low. You stand all day at work
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A good company to work for as long as they don't close down your location.

Overall this company is good to work for. Good benefits and hourly rate. My dissatisfaction stems from having my location closed two years after they bought the previous company i worked for. So good to work for but the loyalty was minimal

Solid Company

I enjoyed working for them and thoroughly enjoyed working with the team I was on. Culture really changed when new operations manger came in. I would consider working for them again.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

No complaints. Great team fun work environment with room for growth. People are very friendly and open. Alot of events that keep staff entertained thro
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en The J. M. Smucker Company. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general