True Food Kitchen

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 289 evaluaciones

Ambiente de trabajo ameno

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
El único problema es que no tiene beneficios no hay pagos por enfermedad ni vacaciones pagadas . Pero el salario es de acuerdo a lo que exige el restaurante

Pros

Seguro medico, buen pago

Contras

No pago de vacaciones, dias de enfermedad oh holiday

Great staff, good money!

Training was exceptional as you actually get to sample the food menu. Serving healthy food makes you feel better about what your putting in peoples bodies! Availability to work is easily managed through an app and they are very flexible to work around your schedule. Picking up or releasing shifts are also managed in an app so it’s easy to switch things up if you need to. Never had a bad day on tips. You can be in and out in 4 hours with an extra $100 on a lunch shift or $200+ on a night shift, more on weekends.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Sucky place to work with rude managers

Don’t provide parking despite paying a very small amount. Expect employees to uber to/from work (spending over 1 hr of the wages they earn per shift) or buy an expensive parking pass that doesn’t even work all hour or even some days of the week. Managers are rude and have no respect for students who need flexibility.

Worst job ever

I think i would have to say the same thing, this is the worst job i have ever worked at. The teamwork is terrible. The servers are the only ones that get tips. I get no breaks. Very stressful work environment. Favoritism . Few hours. Bad management. My back hurts. im sleepy all the time. "A ridiculous amount of work literally a mountain of work". "I cant even get a drink of water while the front of the house staff is having a feast" . The chefs know how bad the situation is, sometimes when they look away i can see it in their eyes" . Every single day 80% of workers leave stressed out. Dont work here unless your going to college and fit the profile.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and encouraging environment with a lot of great food

I had a wonderful 4 years with the company and would do it all over again. The employees are great and the management is as well. If you ever have an issue, they are incredibly understanding and focused on the resolution.

Pros

Discounted/ free food, lack of drama, freedom

Contras

Must be physically able to move fairly quickly.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

bad job

managers are rude and they don’t care about you i personally had a maneger call me easily replaceable and that he would fire everyone in the building if he could

Pros

50% off and the rest of the team is good

Contras

no breaks unless working doubles and maneger is bad

ok job

It was an ok hostess job. Most people were not working as much as they wanted too because there were a lot of host when I was working there. But overall I enjoyed working as a hostess
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

no opportunity to move up, not set up to help you succeed.

started off as a job i really enjoyed, it has become one of the most stressful , soul draining jobs ive had. it felt like every day i came in to work for this company i was gripping on for dear life just trying to make it through a shift.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Corporate service industry job with upward growth

Worked here for 3 years, and was pretty happy with management and the flexibility. Good opportunity for new and veteran service industry people. They had benefits and decent promotional growth if you wanted to get into management. Personally though it was still too corporate and it seemed like they were moving away from fresh healthy food while keeping that marketing and cutting costs for growth and the bottom line. I personally couldn't stand the regional and out of restaurant staff and their arrogance.

Exploitative Labor Practices

True Food Kitchen pulled me in with its concept. From the outside, it seems like a fun, casual restaurant with sustainable and healthy food. However, the truth is less idealistic. For one, the short-order menu is tempting, but really doesn’t hold up. Dishes that seemed inspired and delicious at first glance reveal themselves to be one dimensional and boring over time. Some of the menu items are clearly designed simply to be the fastest way to throw some palatable ‘healthy’ food on a plate, while others are clearly just dressed-up vessels for expensive ingredients to jack up sales. For the most part, the only dishes with any level of finesse or complexity are seasonal items. I initially enjoyed working at True for the amazing community of people I would come in and see everyday. If you work here you will befriend some fantastic individuals, but that bond will be one forged through adversity. The glaring issue with this company is that they depend on exploitative labor practices to keep their margins out of the red. It is clear that from a corporate perspective, this restaurant exists to make money for its executives and shareholders; the people who work here are not compensated fairly for the value they bring in to the company, and I have had enough conversations with the management team to know that they are aware of this. Cooks, bartenders, and To-Go specialists (in that order) are probably the most exploited by the flawed and outdated systems in place (and the oftentimes ludicrous workloads they engender). A successful restaurant should be busy, but being deep in the weeds -

Pros

Coworkers

Management, Compensation, Workload, Advancement Opportunities
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Another greedy corporation pretending to be “hip”

Basically used labor hard to open the store, everyone had overtime and now they have to save money and only salaried employees are getting full time hours. Shifts went from 6 days a week to two. Adults with bills can’t work two days a week. Also they say they provide benefits but the healthcare is a joke, it’s a telemedicine or walk in clinic option only and you pay out of pocket. There is no pto. Also there are no breaks during 8 hour+ shifts. They don’t recycle, haven’t figured out how to place orders correctly so food is constantly running out or spoiling bc there is too little or too much. Overall another greedy corporation concerned about saving money by exploiting the workers and adding to the continued gentrification of the city

Pros

Easy to get hired

Contras

Unreliable hours, no clear leadership, no breaks
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A stressful and toxic work environment

The general manager has a management style of screaming and yelling at employees. In a year and 2 months of employment there I observed at least 25 servers and bartenders leave True Food in Arlington due to the toxic and hostile work environment!!

Best Restaurant You’ll Ever Work At

The culture here is creative, uplifting, fun, and genuine. Everyone is unique and passionate and it makes every shift enjoyable. Couldn’t ask for more incredible, nourishing food to eat on a daily basis. There is so much growth in this company. You can be a busser to a manager in a matter of 2-3 years.

Pros

Positive work environment

Hot in the summer
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun work environment thanks to the staff

This place is great to work at primarily because we are all a family here. A lot of the employees work collectively to ensure the success of the restaurant. We don't have food/drink runners so servers and front of house staff all work together so that the guests can have a nice dining experience. Some managers really care about giving you the support that you need as an employee.

Pros

Enjoyable workplace, encounter interesting customers

Contras

Can be stressful when restaurant is busy

Truth about True

This place will whip you into shape and prepare you to be a top notch server anywhere else you go because you have to WORK for your money. Our location has 1 support person doing all of the busing and to-go orders in addition to running food. So the servers tip that person out sometimes for not doing any “server assisting”. When it’s busy there is decent money to be made and I will say that the staff is soooo nice. BUUUUT the whole idea that the company is sustainable and cares about the earth is a lie considering they do not recycle, compost, or donate the obscene amount of food waste that gets prepared daily.

Not What You Hope For

Nothing like the dream they sell you. Toxic work environment with near constant verbal beratment by all management. Good coworkers, terrible choice in upper management. Hope they do what's best for their company and get rid of Nico soon. Excellent tips however, though their expectation is just for you to impossibly touch the moon. Love the menu and miss the juices, but not worth the mental/emotional taxation and verbal abuse.

Rely on yourself

The big takeaway from working at True Food was relying on myself. Most servers did not work as a team, and instead they would do things like only run their own drinks, leave unpolished wine glasses for the next shift, and stay as far away as possible from the kitchen so they wouldn’t have to run food. The clientele at True Food Kitchen at Lenox was another issue. After covid, a lot of the people attending the area seemed to have forgotten that servers live off of tips, and they would sometimes not tip at all. Many guests were also straight up rude and did not understand the health-focused concept of this company and its made-from-scratch menu.

Average job

I was a host and it wasn't a bad job nothing special. There isn't much room for advancement and any requests you have most likely won't happen.

Pros

50% discount, nice environment

Contras

management is a little iffy
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

for the first time, i actually like going to work

I’ve worked many different server jobs but none of them compare to TFK. Of course, no place is perfect, but I have really started to love coming into work. I think what sets TFK up from most restaurants is the people it attracts. Let’s start with your coworkers. 9/10 times they will be super fun and interesting people. I like to think whenever I’m scheduled, I’m going to hang out with my friends first and work second. It’s no surprise that True Food attracts a certain clientele (oftentimes wealthy, health-focused) so I was a little worried when I first started that some guests would treat me lesser than, but I’ve been here 8 months now, and I’ve never had such an encounter. In fact, the people I have served are some of the nicest and coolest people I’ve ever talked to. Okay I’m done rambling, but this job is amazing.

Fast money

You are exhausted by the end of your shift, but getting your end of shift tips makes it all okay. Only thing I did not like was how the managers can act a bit rude.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management needs management. Best of luck to them

Managers and chefs need to align themselves with employees. Can't really take much seriously. The pay is what you negotiate. Do what you can and keep it moving. Nothing more, nothing less.

Pros

good money. okay team ethic

Contras

lack of actual management.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en True Food Kitchen. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general