U.S. Army Reserve

4,1Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 8.974 evaluaciones

La mejor elección en mi vida.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Te enseñan valores importantes, defensa, actitud, elegancia.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Amazing people can be met here at the same time poor leaders too

some of the coolest people can be met here and at the same time some very poor unmotivated people. depends who you find and who you are as a person. The work life is awesome here but some leaders kill it for many

Pros

insurance

army

Learning experience and fun

It was very rewarding i made a lot of friends from different cultures and countries doing drills once a month and annual training in different locations.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Cooperative environment. Peers encourage you to suceed.

First formation, introduction on the duties for the day from the First Sergeant and execute until Final Formation. Lunch break and Religious Services provided. Team leaders highly encourage you to reach out and they provide you resources for career advancement. The US Army Reserves provides you preparation for a plethora of certifications that you can acquire for your civilian career. The most challenging part of the job would be the Annual Training. Once final formation is concluded you can just rest in the hotel, if provided LIK, or hang out as long as you report back on time for first formation.

Pros

Helpful non-comissioned officers, Plenty of resources for career advancement, AGR opportunities

Contras

Travel distance if you leave far from the duty station

Don’t do it.

So the Reserve is not so “reserved”. So far I have been with the Army Reserve for 5 years and of those 5 years I’ve been deployed twice. I have tried to go to college twice but had to drop out because of these deployments. Expect to deploy often and return home where everyone acts as if nothing ever happened. Oh and after deploying with the reserve you get a plaque and flag that says “Welcome home warrior citizens, you are relevant” enjoy.The Army Reserve will pay you, but only when they feel like it. In my experience while deployed my hazardous duty pay and flight pay didn’t get paid out for months. Even when getting paid I found issues and don’t get paid as much as I should have, and spending months going back through the process to get what is deserved.Promotions/specialty schools go to only the most favored soldiers. The army Reserve is more like a club that shuns anyone who has ideas or questions. In my section the only Seargents are people who have reclassed to my MOS and the other lower enlisted and myself have to show our new boss what to do. The only other seargents are the guys who have been with the unit for 8+ years and hate that they are in a E5 slot just as much as I do.If you enjoy being under paid, under appropriated and have fun doing other people’s job as much as I do, then join the Army Reserve. I’ll see you in line at the VA.

Pros

Travel, training, benefits.

Contras

Pay issues, toxic leadership, over worked, unappreciated.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Treat people right and do the right thing, you'll go places.

The Army Reserve has been awesome for me. I'm nobody special, but just showing up and being a decent human and doing the right things and the sky is the limit if you are willing to get uncomfortable.

As an 68E

Everything was fast and very dense since the beginning BUT!, it’s an awesome experience at all!. I do believe everybody have to go thru that experience because it’s more than everybody think it is!.. it’s Kendal preparation, an excelente culture and formation which it’s 100% helpful in your daily life. It’s an experience who is going to help you to find better jobs/options.. all I recommend is to be mindset before sign your contract.. think about your future and go from there!.. medical field is the best! And you can go to the civilian jobs right after your AIT!. Like I said,an awesome experience!

Pros

Healthy food, good diet every day at the table, 100% attention on each soldier before and after training, etc

Contras

Weekends drill are sometimes rescheduled
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A good place for advancement.

I've learned a lot during my 30+ years here. However, it's not the same as it used to be. It used to feel like family years ago, but now it feels more like corporate. I'll always love my soldiers, though!

Good Benefits and Sense of Purpose

The army reserves is awesome for young people coming out of high school not sure where to go. Being part time is nice because you’re still stationed at home and if you end up not loving what you do, you can always get out after your contract. But the benefits of the military are great for people who want to go to college or continue education in trade schools etc. The military gives you a sense of purpose and learned discipline.

Great Opportunity

It's definitely worth the experience and growth. The opportunity to grow in rank is quick and easy. The AT experience is wonderful because you get to travel around the world. Learn new things and get out your comfort zone. I would not trade this opportunity for the world.

Pros

Great travel and training
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

An amazing work environment, great job all around, perfect for advancement and being able to serve your country but not have to give up your civilian life.

Pays for school

only one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer if that. can definitely work more or less depending on your situation. Room for advancement is there
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Working to support and to protect the US

Work on Military equipment / to fire military weapons and serve with fellow soldiers that become family and friends for life. get to earn money for college
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and nice place to work

The pay is okay you work one weekend every month and have to pay for own benefits. It’s not like regular army this is just part time job and you have to do a lot of things just in one weekend.

Immature people given power

The military is as if everyone had stopped aging mentally in 12th grade, everyone has a childish obsession with stereotypical masculine ideals, you must be interested in cars, guns, sports, beer and having as much s*x as possible or you're 'g*y' or 'a square.' The work culture is down right horrible. They're obsessed with tradition and minutiae, got two seconds late on your run? You won't be promoted. Don't approve of the way a situation is being handled? "This new army ain't it, we need to go back to the old army, back in my day we could just take them into the barracks and beat them."Overworked, underpayed, and mentally taxed is the name of the game.

Pros

health benefits

wok culture, management

Na

Not a bad place to earn a good wage. Good leadership and outstanding ability to travel. Meeting new people and excellent teamwork.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Army reserves is great for people who are college students.

They offer the selected reserve GI bill, which can help offset the cost of college. Being in the reserve also counts towards priority registration for colleges and military discount if you choose to show your military ID to establishment that offer the incentive.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Goal oriented organization. Great leadership. Leadership was responsive to issues and issues were resolved in a timely manner. Great people to work with.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great experience for those who want to serve.

It is what you make it. Put a lot in and work hard and you’ll have opportunities not available to those in the private sector. Leadership/management will have a big impact on overall experience.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's the Army. But less time for the same important work.

Your experience will depend on the work you put in and the culture within your individual unit. Not all are the same. Some jobs are drastically overmanned and others can't seem to get enough to do the job properly.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

One of the best ways to serve.

Great learning opportunities are always available. Great workplace culture overall, although that could vary with location.The bonds that each individual forms with other service members are lifetime worthy.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en U.S. Army Reserve. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general