U.S. Xpress

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 1.458 evaluaciones

Buena

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Excelente servicio muy profesional en su política de trabajo y muy buena experiencia en la carretera
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Non productive and inefficient.

Not enough pay per mile or stop. Zip code to zip code pay on a local job is not to the driver's benefit. No delay or breakdown pay. 65-70 hours a week for very little pay.

Pros

New equipment

Contras

Too many hours not enough pay.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Fun routes good company for beginners

On Some routes dispatch should have planned ahead better for me for end of route parking areas. Because of this I added up lots of over the clock hours ended up getting let go because of it.

Bad company

the over the road managers are incompetent, they make you wait many hours and waste time due to lack of documentation, problems in the system, they do not pay you fairly for the time you are standing still, and you do not generate the average miles that you are promised when hiring, payment is far below the industry in comparison
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Overall.... we enjoy it here. Pay and bonuses are above average. I've been driving over 25 years....this is probably the best paying job I've had. I'm scheduled to make over $120,000. My wife is my driving partner. So together we make over $200,000 easy. We are dedicated.... so we are home for 2 days every week. 5 days out. We drive over 5600 miles a week.

Pros

Bonuses

Communication on weekends
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Nice place

Nice place but very inconsistent of how they want things done. Management is not well trained and training for employees is not very good they have you shadow someone for 3 days then you are on your own .

Pros

Good pay, good hours

Inconsistent, poor management

Change is good

I love my job! I work remotely and feel happy to come to work now. New leadership has given alot of us new life. I work on the phones so I talk to hundreds of drivers and even there tone has changed lately. We are getting more training then ever before. I think we are headed in a great direction. The layoffs are stressful because any day we could be out of job with no notice but that is the only down side. No advancement in the future because of the layoffs so don't apply if you want a promotion or a raise.

Pros

Remote work, good pay, a little overtime, fun boss, fun peers, new leadership bringing new culture

Contras

Still some crabapples to work with, stress of lay offs, no advancement
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

They expect you to give your all, and you are always ‘on the clock’

When you ask questions, you never get a straight answer. What one person says, another contradicts. If you try to make more $$ (getting endorsements, etc), you get dropped in weekly miles and left to figure it out yourself as you transfer to another group. When their truck breaks down, you get nothing but stuck in a room with a half dozen or more other drivers, no access to food or drink (other than soda IF the machines are working). Costs you an arm and a leg to find food. You lose sleep and they expect you to jump and run even when you tell them you’re fatigued. Don’t push yourself and fall asleep, they will not give you work for weeks, but won’t fire you so you can’t get unemployment. They will send you all over hunting trailers. They don’t have enough and have no idea where they are. Don’t offer suggestions, they truly don’t care.

Easy job bad management

I’m blessed and thankful for my job but could be better. Management is not good, only Brie you as a seat filler. Used to be a friendly nice company to work for but now you have to fight for your money(with dispatchers and stores)

Pay

Guaranteed check about it. If u are looking to be local u should be good pay can be upAnd down. Long hours. Standby. Night shift

Pay

Good thing. You're paid for everything you do. Bad thing is your considered OTR Driver when you're local and you get paid by the mile. It's a great company. They advertise the local pay at $21hr but it's by the $0.56c a mile

Decent company

But doesn’t pay enough for the work that I do comparing to other companies I worked before. I’m on the dollar tree account in Ocala FL . Its hard work but doable just feel like they can pay a little bit more for that type of work

Pros

They hire sap drivers

Contras

Don’t pay enough to my standards

fun place to work

fun place to work..Good home time.I'd like to work for them.highly recomended.everyone come work for us xpress.referal bonuses is good.you will love to work for them

Run

If you get an opportunity to leave now is the time to do it. At this point there is no job security for anyone and the company is looking to do anything to try and cut the budget. Executive management is a disaster right now and it is only getting worse.

cdl driver class a

The job itself is easy but management and dispatchers make the job difficult. The job posting I applied on was misleading about the pay and wasn't more direct on the work schedule. It stated that the average driver makes $1300 a week but when I got to orientation it was a different story. Also the work schedule is not consistent, you can work all times of the night. They work you a lot, using all of your DOT hours as possible. Can't get any proper rest for your next workday and barely get rest when you're on your 34 hour reset. The trucks and trailers for the most part are in good condition. There's no good communication, from dispatchers to dispatchers or dispatchers to drivers.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Laid back environment, compensation is low

Overall it's a laid back environment because immediate bosses are not on site. They are recently making huge changes in the workforce so job security is very low right now. They do unfortunately give to much workload and unrealistic expectations to the entire staff to get completed daily. They got rid of positions and just added workload to the staff that was left.

Pros

Good health insurance

Contras

Too much workload for little pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Excellent first time driver job

Interview process was fair, as a “new to the truck driving career” the 200 hours I spent, with a finishing driver, really helped to shape my expectations of the job at hand.. I had, a career professional, to answer all of my questions, as they came up.. I drove brand new equipment, with advanced technology very few trucking companies had at the time.. US Xpress was a leader, and a forward thinking company at the time of my employment.. They always kept me moving, informed, and up to date about changes that were coming to the transportation industry HOS, new regulations.. They gave me choices to what kind of jobs, dedicated or various… my fleet managers tried very hard to get me home when promised.. relaying freight as needed with other drivers. They always treating their drivers with respect.. The equipment was well maintained, and inspected regularly at strategically located terminals..
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's a company decent to work for when everything goes to plan.

When I signed up, I became a driver for one of their dedicated routes. The starting location was in Carson, CA, then ran to El Paso, TX and back. If the route had stayed the same, it would have been amazing. The pay was decent and you could guarantee your home time. But, as soon as the lane came to a close due to lack of communication between the company and the warehouses, the company decided to extend the route to Dallas (TX), Franklin Park (IL), and Aurora (CO). My original home weekly home time fluctuated between actually going back home for the weekend to sometimes taking up to a week and a half to return. Not only that, but of course there were several opportunities for inclement weather to delay your return even further. More specifically, I am referring to the tornadoes in Texas and the snow in Colorado. As for the delivering itself, some of the warehouses for that account had very tight room in the yard to navigate to the point you cannot make a U-turn in it. All in all, just pray you have a decent spotter as your partner OTR and you'll be fine.

Mega Carrier

They have kept their promises but its a big company, poor communication between different departments means you sit and wait while they slowly figure out what to do.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Nice workplace if they would pay employees for their work done.

USXpress promise a whole lot and give up little to nothing. Pay don't match what is advertised. Decent people, most of the time. But full of lies and BS just to get the work done to be left with empty promises! Drivers expect to get the mileage or at least the pay that they was recruited into the company for. USXpress: Stop lying to applicants just to fill the seat and start paying what the drivers are worth. Maybe you'll get more freight moved with less hassle. Money is a driver's motivation! I got what I was due, but other drivers I know have many complaints about the company. USXpress needs to do better!

The job itself is easy!

Pros

Easy job

Contras

No rest, bad communication, no consistent work schedule
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en U.S. Xpress. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general