US Department of Veterans Affairs

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 10.977 evaluaciones

great research environment

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
There are a lot of passionate researchers at the VA hospital.

It’s ok.

It’s a nice start for people who want to break into the federal government. Management is nice sometimes. You experience different personalities. Sometimes people are demanding and don’t take the time to understand why things can’t be done there way but it’s nice.

Skaters abound

I left one government agency for this one. I've found the VA to be unorganized to the point of barely operating. Most tasks are done to the bare minimum, just enough to get it done. No follow up. No follow through. Poor management. In the 10 months that I have been here, I have seen my supervisor face to face one time. My position was empty for 3 years, and when I arrived there was no plan or guidance for training me. When asking for guidance, was told that I was expected to figure it out. If you like to skate through work, and dodge requirements, then this is the place for you.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not what you think it is

They make it difficult to advance. The work load is not at all reasonable and employees leave as soon as possible. The turn over is unbelievable. I wanted to serve the veterans and give back to them, but that's not what happens at the VA. There are a handful of providers that care about the veterans but most don't, and that's really hard to watch.

Pros

Retirement pension and you get every Federal holiday off

Contras

Workload unreasonable, no way to advance, management non existing and cares more about VA than the veterans themselves

Great benefits

Great benefits and bonuses. Work schedule flexibility. Supportive team and staff. Can be challenging at times, but rewarding. Great trainings and learning experiences.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

El trabajo siempre será una responsabilidad siempre se sigan las normas según estipuladas la experiencia de trabajo es excepcional

El hospital de Veteranos es un sitio de excelencia para el trabajo, Es una escuela en el día a día de trabajo que te brinda la oportunidad de ofrecerle un cuidado de alta calidad a nuestros veteranos. Un ambiente de trabajo con todas las herramientas necesarias. Oportunidades de crecimiento profesional y de oportunidades. Con un sin número de oportunidades.Si tuviera que volver a trabajar este sería el sitio

Pros

Excelente seguro de salud, plan de retiro TSP, seguro de vida, seguro de "Long term care", beneficios para estudios pagos, plan de retiro gov federal

Contras

Realmente en mi experiencia con el sistema no los hay

Nice place to work

Good benefits, decent pay and there’s opportunity for advancement. Very good work life balance, telework is available. I enjoyed assisting veterans and there family members.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

They help you be the best that you can be.

Great place to work. Very controlling at times but you just have to let them and you learn. Would have helped to get assistance moving across country that was an option but I was denied it. It was a big strain. As a single parent, to know that they offered that option was hurtful financially. I learned about the help given to others in similar field.

N/a

VA Medical Center in Alexandria Louisiana is a very nice place to work for a Recreational therapist. The staff is knowledge and çaring .The Recreational therapist do not have to work holidays. Recreation Department is under Rehab Medicine so you have a strong work group. So I will recommend the VA Medical Center in Alexandria Louisiana to any Recreational therapist.

Too much micromanagement

The upper leadership would not let you do your job without micro managing and looking over your shoulder. Very stressful working with some of the management staff

Pros

Pay

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Relaxed but also stressful at time.

Hardest part of the job is carrying the weight of colleagues who are lazy. The promotion process is difficult to understand as you can have a bachelors degree but have a boss with a high school diploma. Work hard but keep in mind that there's no real bonuses.

Numbers Numbers Numbers

All they care about are numbers.on a typical day you will receive A minimal number of claims. While the number isn't the problem, it does add stress to the job. The real problem is trying to get high numbers and high quality all the time. You're expected to do 100% quality in a quarter of a time

OK Workplace

The workplace has potential but it definitely needs some improvement. It has its days where it can be a breeze and other times it can be stressful. If you’re able to get promoted in another department, DO IT!

Positive environment

Dedication to Veteran’s! Comfortable environment, good compensation and co-workers are great. You have clear guidelines about what is expected, not seeing multiple people at once. Orientation is lacking however.

Pros

Positive environment

Rigid procedures

Good Training and Awareness

Great training and awareness. Great mission, job satisfaction depends on how supportive your direct manager is. Big agency, very political and same bureaucracy as any other agency however increased telework options help improve work life balance.

Stable Job, poor leadership

Job security is here, for sure. But there have been lots of turnover with leadership over the years. A common problem has been staffing. Quite often, techs are put in unsafe situations with patients. At times, only 1 tech has been assigned to cover nightshift CT and general imaging.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Government work is not for people with work ethic

You can't get fired so don't expect any of your coworkers to hold their end of the work. Decent pay for healthcare but you get taxed like CRAZY and don't get to decide how much gets taken out for your pension.

The worst place to work

If you hate yourself as a human , work here. Pto would not be given after a year of waiting. Bathroom breaks are monitored, it’s hot inside the building so you will catch heat stroke. Mandatory Saturdays every Saturday. If you are a parent , your child isn’t important, if you are sick or injured they wouldn’t care. Production means nothing but attendance means everything

Pros

Leaving after work

Pto, healthcare, bathroom breaks, Heat, Covid or any infestations
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

VA is a research and best policy guided hospital.

VA management team looks for professional workers and it's strongly maintained. Their staffs are geared to excellent out come as a goal. It is the best hospital to work in the United Stated and I am proud. Staffs are equipped with excellent job performances that comes from the heart. Our Veterans need excellent workers. I am very proud to be a part for the veteran's great worker with an outstanding punctuality and zero absenteeism for 12 years. I will do it again.

Pros

You get your brakes per policy.

Covid-19 disorganized rapport.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I enjoyed helping and making a difference for Veterans and their Dependents.

I worked in Veterans Benefits Administration for 20 years. Some divisions are good and some divisions are not so good. Loan Guaranty is ok. Compensation sucks. Be careful of the employees that pay lip service to helping Veterans. Those that are interested in making a difference in Veteran's lives will find each other, across divisions, and learn how to accomplish what needs to get done to help someone. Beware of mean supervisors and co-workers that tattle tale to curry favor. I enjoyed helping and making a difference for Veterans and their Dependents. Central Office is choatic with so many changes and a lack of national training.

Pros

good health and leave benefits
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place to work with a lot of opportunities for advancements!

I’ve been here since 2020 and I love it. Always dreamed of working here and I landed a permanent position after taking a covid position. It has been a great opportunity and I plan to retire from this company.

Pros

Benefits, pay, time off, promotions, working from home, transferring to a new facility if you want because there are so many locations all over the world.

Contras

Nothing to complain about.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en US Department of Veterans Affairs. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,5 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • US Department of Veterans Affairs
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?