US Navy

3,6Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 34.563 evaluaciones

Me encanta el ambiente hay varias culturas todos somos unidos y la. Dirección del centro es excelente

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Recomiendo el trabajo es un buen lugar solo que el salario no se ajusta al costo de vida

Pros

Hay muchos beneficios

Contras

El salario no s adjunta al costo d la vida
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Hard and sometimes rewarding work

Can be challenging working with submarines. But ultimately rewarding working with a variety of people from different backgrounds. Your experience will be dependent on your command.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

fun environment, challenging position, advancement ops

Great company to work for. Job security was wonderful during Covid. They really look out for others and management was wonderful. Advancement was perfect. My experience isn't like everyone else's, however I was my favorite job yet. I only left due to active duty relocation orders from West Coast to East, and they do not have a Navy office located anywhere we now reside.

Pros

job security, hours, benefits

nothing i can think of

Not for everyone

You don’t always do your job. Most of the time (especially at a lower rank) your are cleaning or doing miscellaneous work for a higher ranking individual
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Don’t become what others are, negatively.

Take the positive and add it.It’s harder to do because there’s just so much negativeIt’s a tough job and props to the people who pull it off.It can be worth it if you set yourself up the right way, with the right rate.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

god awful but i guess im glad i did it

only go if you have nothing if america took everything away from you alreadythis place is hard because it becomes not just a job but a culture. Nothing here is good nothing here is bad and everything here doesnt make any sense your superiors feel like they were ranked up by apes your mind goes numb youll be able to work 16 hr days and think huh well atleast im not working for 20 hrs. Honestly if u dont need to go here dont do it but if youve lost a lot and have no where else to turn or you REALLY have no idea what to do with your life welp go ahead and good luck to you. and just remember its not for everyone

Waste of years

The people above us do not care about you, your coworkers, or your well-being and are not afraid to passively show you as much. No matter how many people go to mental health or kill themselves, they do nothing to improve command climate or working conditions. New people on the job are treated like dirt by seniors and are given little to no free time until qualified leaving them in a hopeless situation for months. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemies.

Pros

Good coworkers sometimes

Contras

No overtime, toxic working environment
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good

It’s the military. Good job for a person right out of high school who is not going to college. Builds character and gains life experience. Could be a good career

It’s the Navy

It’s alright. Originally signed up for four years, ended up becoming career Sailor. Definitely rewarding but hard for family life and not for everyone.

Productive and Lots of Change

If you want a life that is interestingly different, from my experience it is a job for you. It will surprise you because a lot of things occur, and you have to follow the rules. It was a good experience. Overall, do not regret joining.

not worth it.

The military as a whole is just not worth being in. The BAH is awful as it does not adjust with inflation or increase in rent. you're essentially just paying the government to work for them while living off of food stamps if you have a family.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Hated it at the time, but the best job I've ever had

Never thought I reflect on my active duty time in the Navy and think fondly of it. As many Veteran's would concur, Military service has it ups and downs. Some tours you have great leadership and other times...not so much. However, it is what you make it and the experiences you have and the friends you make will last a lifetime. Not to mention the self-growth and development as a person. Lastly, the Post 9/11 GI Bill is a pretty sweet deal if you are looking to earn an education after the Military.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

A lot of good experience but treated poorly

I learned a lot as an Aviation Electriciansmate and the travel was great. Ask a recruiter about cranking. They won't tell you what that's like because it's one of the most depressing things you'll ever do. Do a lot of research before joining, don't go off what recruiters say

Toxic Environment and Poor Leadership

The Navy has consistently gotten worse over the years. We are all treated as numbers on the system and no one cares about our mental health. Senior leadership don’t have any leadership skills at all. It’s all politics.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Nice company to work with.

Great company.This is a place that will send you to a contract where your lunches and breaks are suspended then you have to beg/ask to go on break if you are not one of the favorites.

Best Decision I Ever Made

I’ve gained a lot of experience, culture, and qualifications by joining the Navy; it has its perks…However, the amount we get paid, among other reasons, has been why I’ve decided to move into a different career. Although we (active duty) are paid 24/7, it’s really not a lot. For example; I’ve been in for 8 years - Active Duty the entire 8 - and I’m just now making what would be $20/hr in a 40/hr work week. A lot of companies these days start you off fairly close to that. The job isn’t terrible if you can embrace the hardships that come with its’ expectations on us. My time in service has definitely been a ride I’ll never forget.

Navy

Lots of benefits to working for the navy. Good pay and depending on the job you pick, you'll generally be happy. Only doing one contract but it was an enjoyable one.

Challenging but rewarding

It is as demanding as you would expect from any military position. While there are always difficult days in any large organization, I feel that the benefits I received were worth it.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good if you want to see the world and change what you do every few years as to not get bored in one particular position.

Is one of those jobs where what you put into it is what you get out of it. Benefits are solid for both the employee and the family. Work/life balance can be a struggle at times.

Pros

Benefits, travel, family support

Unpredictable schedules, long hours
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

US military good MWR and advanacment poor retirement/pension it take a full term to get 'vested' in the retirment

very demanding work and structured management using commissioned and non commissioned officers as managers. very top heavy management styles. Most officers where placed to give them something to do as secondary duties.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

An experience I'll never be able to get elsewhere

I learned to work with people from all over the world, with tons of different backgrounds. I learned a level of responsibility I wouldn't have been able to obtain anywhere else at the age of 18. I've made lifelong connections and seen and done things I am forever grateful for the opportunity to have done so. My time is coming to an end, but it is the best decision I have made yet.

Pros

Free medical and dental, constant support.

Contras

Unpredictable schedule, miss out on important events.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en US Navy. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general