United Petroleum Transport Ltd.
3,0 de 5 estrellas.
Realizar una evaluación

Evaluaciones de United Petroleum Transport Ltd.

Evaluar a esta empresa

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 134 evaluaciones

Pésimo ambiente de trabajo

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Los encargados de ese lugar no se preocupan por la persona, solo quieren hacer dinero a expensas de los demás, antes era un buen lugar para trabajar pero todo se fue por el drenaje

Pros

Sueldo competitivo

Ambiente pésimo

Lots of hours

The people you work with are good people, the majority of the drivers work hard at tgis very difficult job. The day dispatchers work long hours under very stressful conditions
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Worried about other drivers money

Some drivers worry about other drivers pay & loads. As a trainee I left after a month. Never seen other men concerned about other men pockets & stay on the phone with other drives for hours & hours in end talking about others. If you don’t mind working w a bunch of sissy whining dudes then this is the job for you… I left during training

A decent company

The best things I can say about UPT is that they worked with me when I wanted to take my wife on a long honeymoon, worked with me whenever I needed time off or was sick, and they worked with me when I wanted to go back to school. My boss from the El Paso division is very understanding about life events with his drivers. All I can say poorly about them is that their pay is below average for industry standards.

Pros

Flexibility, will hire and train with low experience, friendly for the most part

Contras

Below average pay for Fuel Hauling.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Overall a great place to build a career, either as a professional driver or as a mechanic or staff member.

UPT has been good so far. They pay well and seem to genuinely care about me. We have new leadership now, and with that change, I expect to see UPT grow into a leader in this industry. Now's the time to get on board. We have good people coming in and the bad apples are going out.

Pros

Great Equipment

Contras

Waiting at the rack for your next load
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Repetitive

Management doest know trucks, newer trucks. No night mechanics,hard to get fixed. If Dispatch screws up you pay the price not them, over and over. A foot in the door.

Pros

You get paid

Contras

Manager very critical. Don't believe any promises manager says, or recruiter

Awesome company

A company that pays you well for the job you do. Bonuses are paid well if you do your job properly. Management treats you as you should be treated. A company that treats you like a person and not a number.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Still a family owned company which is uncommon

Good people - great communication - set up to win ! Very veteran friendly and accountable . Focused on compliance and safety New equipment - The best maintenance team I have every worked with

Pros

Great opportunity for advancement

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Pay is not fair for drivers

Working at UPT as a fuel tanker truck driver is not worthy. They pay really low and by load. Their payment structure is calculated only by load and technical speaking for then you are only working when you are loaded. In average driver here are making somewhere between 1000-1300 in a industry extremely regulated. I don’t recommend professionals drivers to work here.

Pros

New semi trucks.

Contras

What they pay to haul fuel is too low.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Work you to death and not pay

Horrible they suck the life out of the office staff. They let the driver yell, scream and mistreat the office staff. I would never recommend this company to anyone unless you want to sell your soul.

It's a steady paycheck

Plenty of work if you want to run. Equipment is older. Insurance is high. Consistent work however. Other drivers will come in and take your assigned truck and trailer because theirs is down. Often, first come first serve on truck issue.

Pros

Plenty of work loads

Management, older equipment
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The company has a solid goal and everyone is on board and it feels like a big family.

The work environment was professional and comfortable. Management was reasonable but demanding. Peers were friendly and nice to be around. The "daily grind" was not apparent and I have had jobs where it was a heavy weight. There are no complaints from my side.

Awful Trainers

The company overall is decent, pay is on the lower end but the trainers are the worst. Language barrier and aggressive. Old disgruntled drivers. If they would get rid of the old unsatisfied trainers the job wouldn't be so bad.

Pros

Great manager

Trainers

Keep looking

When I applied here I was promised the world was told it was the best company to work that I would make a lot of money. When I started training I would have to drive an 1.5 hours away to start. I would leave at 3 am then come home around 7-8 pm. I didn’t have a life at all. I have to do an extra week of training because the manager didn’t really care about me being alone and working. The pay is garbage! Once I started I didn’t get paid for about 5 weeks! It was ridiculous. The ads says you can make between $85k-$100k after I finally left training my check for that week was only $750. Someone’s math is great up in payroll. Another you don’t get dispatched until about 10:30-11:00 at night. So you’re up thinking all night wondering where you go how early you have to wake up etc etc. I honestly wouldn’t recommend this job for anyone unless you are single and don’t have kids.

Too many egos to feed

Worked there for over 10 years. Company use to put drivers first. Then they started putting money first. Their money, not the drivers. After 5 years you were topped out on pay. Then they decided experienced drivers cost too much. Some were laid off, some just quit due to under appreciation. They had a lot of drivers with a lot of experience. The equipment was a joke. New drivers got new equipment, as I was told, that way they would come work here. They have lost a lot of accounts due to many in management making poor decisions. A lot of middle management have HUGE egos and basically want you to shut up and drive. They track everything on peoplenet including your speed. I hear they have made some changes for long term drivers. ( It's about time) after a couple of decades of hauling fuel I was tired of the cut throat business. Best thing I ever did was get out of it. I wish them luck in finding good drivers but I know a lot of experienced fuel haulers leaving the business for reasons I have stated above

Pros

Home everyday. That's it

Contras

Unpaid time sitting in line. Lies, just like any trucking company
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

"Dispatchers are a dime a dozen"

The companies ability to hire any sort of manager is tragic. Huge gap between Management and drivers landing dispatchers in the middle. Drivers and myself were a team. We trusted and respected each other. Only dispatchers that suckled the teat of management survived. To qualify for a management position when one became available, experience, training and people skills were not required. What did matter was if you had been in the military or a dancing bear that didn't mind the demeaning attitude of someone that was. NEVER any "good" news. NO salary increases EVER. So if you don't mind working for lesser men, UPT is for you.

Pros

Great schedule

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Excelente empresa, muy consientes con tus colaboradores

Empresa formal y responsable, buena paga con buen ambiente de trabajo empresa innovadora en su esquema operativo, altamente recomendable para trabajar lastima que tuve que cambiar de residencia

Pros

todas las prestaciones de Ley

turnos variados
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It’s just a job nothing spectacular about it

Like i said it was just a job. The terminal i worked out of didn’t offer much if any home time. Pay was ok but not fantastic for the stuff you had to put up with.

Over micro management

Stable

You do your job and you have not much to worry about. They are flexible with your schedule and you don’t see much micro management. Every place has it’s pros and cons. You have to decide if this company has less cons than it do pros.

Pros

Stable and flexible. Good equipment for the most part.

Contras

Pay not that great. Had better

Bottom feeder

This was by far one of the worst places I’ve ever worked. You’d think that a company that requires a tanker/hazmat endorsement would pay a little more than a regular regional delivery type job. Not these folks. Don’t be fooled by the $60 G’s they advertise. Management- bad. Maintenance- bad. Pay-bad. Work for them if you’re a rookie and need the experience. Otherwise stay away.

Mucho

flexible, accommodating, fun

Fast paced environment, once you learn your duties you are left alone to complete your tasks. You are not micromanaged. I enjoyed my time with the company unfortunately there are limited opportunities for advancement. I left the company for personal reasons, if I had a chance and was able to I would go back. People in the office are friendly, and days were enjoyable and fun. Management is accommodating.

Pros

flexible schedules
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en United Petroleum Transport Ltd.. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

2,6 de 5 estrellas en Estabilidad laboral/Desarrollo profesional
2,6 de 5 estrellas en Gerencia
2,8 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • United Petroleum Transport Ltd.
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?