United Rentals

3,4Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 1.403 evaluaciones

That's the best company that I had worked!!!!

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Absolutely grateful to meet this company thru Indeed

Decent to work

Management stays in confusion but other than that not a bad place to work. Paid every two weeks with pretty fair pay for the job. Easy and repetitive for mechanic work.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good culture for the most part

Like everything in life. There will be ups and downs. Don't take things personally as much as possible. Work hard, and go home. There will be another opportunity tomorrow...

It is ok

United rentals was an amazing company, but the manager from my branch was terrible. They expected me to be a mechanic without simple shop tools(oil buckets, Jack's, air compressor, torches etc)There was no bulk oil or waste oil tanks, the shop had only 1 bay and 3 employees. I'm not sure what else to say. I would likely go bsck for a much higher pay. They seem to max out at around 27/hr when everyone other rental company in the area is paying north of 35.

Pros

Benefits, short hours

Contras

Management and lack of tools
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very good company to work for. You will learn many new skills.

An experienced Branch Manager Should be delegating authority to those she supervises . Make sure that they are doing what you've asked them to do if they have questions that should come back and get some support from the branch manager or who they report to . You will learn how to manage by using a profit and loss statements . You are the leader to make workplace culture . Ideally you would answer to your District Manager . Of course you have to answer to District Controller or a Regional Controller and sometimes to a Regional Vice President . They should be getting the information District Manager or Regional Manager or Regional Controller. It feels like you are giving information behind someone's back.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Good group of people to work for.

I’ve grown a lot over the past 5 years working with this company. From working in the call center, to the shop, to sales. This job is not for the faint of heart, it’s not an easy paycheck job. It is rewarding if you’re willing to work. The reward for your work though is 1000% worth it.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive and safe place to work

You do your job and the bosses are not standing over your shoulder watching every move you are doing. They just expect you to do what you are working there for to get safe equipment ready for rent.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good company management and logistics management it’s unprofessional they’re new and don’t have idea how to lead logistics team

Find better company don’t go don’t go there paid unfair treatment it’s not good and they not care about you or anybody else very unprofessional management short on mechanics or drivers always problems whit the equipment and on call weeks and night for the same paid

Fast Paced

Calls come in fast, mostly frustrated customers. Management sucks, and really doesn’t care. Not much room for growth. Very competitive with not much incentive.

Pretty laidback but repetitive

As a credit associate we handle the process of lien waivers. The good thing about this position is that we do not get many calls. We probably receive maybe 5-10 calls a day and most of the time they are calling the wrong dept. the training was okay but you learn more working hands on and you will have MANY questions so ask all you can. Pay is $20 starting off and from my understanding we only get merit raises once a year. Job can become very reputable but the company does have lots of room for lateral growth in other depts.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management is vague and harsh, duties inconsistent and sometimes unclear.

Started out as a nice place to work but very quickly became overwhelming and quite stressful. Many people expecting many different things and my list of duties was different depending on who I asked and what was convenient for superiors at the time. Position was changed and a week later I was told it didn’t exist and to pack my things and go home.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It definitely takes a "type" of person to work here

Very much a cultish attitude. Most of the people that work at this company, I noticed, are just putting on a face to get through the day. Everyone else((most managers) seem to have bought into the non-sense. You are rewarded not for the work you do, but how much you conform to their ridiculous, I don't know what to call it, state of mind . Those that cannot put on an act or refuse to dumb themselves down seem to spend their time in perpetual frustration. A good indication of the disassociation between company and technician is in the training. They allow 24 hours of technical training per year for a large range of manufactures. By contrast most other places require at least 120 hours for a single manufacturer. Most everything this company does concerning hourly employees is similarly farcical. If you are a new tech. and have no other options ( you do) it is a good place to get started. If you have any amount of experience avoid this place at all cost. You will leave worse than you arrived.

Pros

maybe O.K. for a new technician, pays O.K., 3 whole days of technical training

Contras

absolutely horrible if you have any experience, definitely a duct tape, bailing wire operation shade tree operation
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I wish I would have started here sooner

All in all it a great company to work for with great benefits And great money and benefits I no more to say so take what I gave you and be happy with that…………

Pros

All good

Na

Great workplace!

Great workplace! Get the tasks done expected of you obviously safety is priority over all! Lots of equipment comes and goes. Old out replaced with new. If old sent out for refurbishing and when back bring it up to code or standards!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to work but the pay could be better but other than that it is a good place to work and you can advance in a career at United Rentals so yeah

Great place bad pay

Great place I have no complaints besides pay and promotions. It is such a hassle to get a promotion they want you to be there forever to get a promotion. I did get a promotion with a 4$ Raise within 6 months but the pay I was receiving for the amount of work I was doing + having to supply my own tools was not worth it. The promotion I received was from equipment associate to service tech 1 which honestly at that time I should’ve been a tech 3. By the way I was a yard guy/ tech at a super busy store. Luckily the techs would wash their own equipment so i wouldn't have to. I would go back now that I have more experience and I can ask for way more money !

Pros

Free lunches

Pay &. Promotions
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good people at the local level but poor mid-level management

Worked with some great people out of my local branch and had a good branch manager. But having a good local team was overshadowed by poor mid-level management who are only concerned with metrics, checking the box, and getting their bonuses. They were always quick to "manage" and ask you to solve problems for them, but were never interested in helping solve any problems for guys in the field unless it was for a key account manager or one of their favorites. Most calls and emails to my regional manager went unanswered even after 2nd and 3rd attempts. Pay was less than I was led to believe at hiring and got worse as used equipment became harder to sell. They could have chosen to make changes to help reps but instead they changed our comp plan entirely, for the worse, even taking some accounts away from us and having the call center manage them. I have seen several other reps that have been with the company for many years start to leave. Good company, but in the current environment it isn't a good fit for a sales career like it once was.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great work life balance. Plenty of opportunity to grow

United rentals takes care of their employees. The company is always looking out for the well-being of their employees. Management makes sure you are set up to succeed. The work life balance is great. Every day I go to work I feel like it will be a great day as I have the tools to help me be successful and the backing of my team and management. I cannot say one bad thing about working for United rentals!

terrible place to be

Management is terrible to the fact that if you aren't under a table you wont advance in any capacity. They promise advancement within the company but never deliver because they're all to worried for them selves to actually do anything to benefit there employees.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's a good place to start.

If you don't have experience, I recommend that you work in construction before you apply. There is a large learning curve. There are so many jobs and responsibilities working for this company as an equipment associate it will blind side you. That is why it is best to have some kind of construction background.

Pros

Lots of school

Low pay
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great corporate structure, but horrible management practices

I have been with UR for 4 yrs. I have been in several different roles. This review is going to focus on my branch. I say that cause I have had conversations with employees from other branches and it varies. My management team only cares about themselves or looking like we follow corporate values. It’s a “let’s make it look good” mentality. Benefits are great. Pay is terrible. They only pay more to people that threaten to leave.

Pros

Benefits, Job security, Corporate growth

Contras

Lack of support from management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en United Rentals. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,3 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • United Rentals
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?