United States Department Of Defense

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 5.729 evaluaciones

Ambiente de trabajo

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Tengo experiencia trabajando en Corea Del Sur, cuando me ubique en los estados tengo planes de aplicar nuevamente, el ambiente es comodo, buen salario, buena dinamica.

Uncomfortable workplace

The fort Belvoir Commissary Management seem to be genuine punctual and good individuals in their hearts. When I read all the reviews both customer and employee on several sites, I knew I had to go above and beyond at making 13.13 an hour Then ending up with 15. They did not care about me having a religion on Sundays and just cared about the money. And they only gave job promotions to lazy click people not hard working people like me. I understand other employees reviews and how difficult it is to work with the Fort Belvoir Commissary management with their high expectations for low pay. I would not recommend working for commissary , it’s not worth the pay or federal government expenses.

Dead end job

Unorganized

Unorganized … unprofessional…behind the scenes actions taken… misleadership. Office environment not good at all. Unhappy employees and leadership that dont lead.

8 years served

Enjoyed my time in doesn’t come without flaws however. Depending on your job and higher ups it can be a really great time. Really it’s luck of the draw

Loved it

I miss my job in the military/Marine Corps and if I could go back I would. I love the culture and the attitudes and the overall work environment I love the experience of being able to serve my country and see the world
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Mission clarity, flexibility, premium pay for premium skills

My day usually started at 6 am. The environment amongst the systems analysts was quirky and fun. The management was very supportive and cultivated a feeling of support and the constant learning of new skills. Every work day contributed to the mission.

Pros

good work-life balance, premium pay scale commensurate with job skills, excellent benefits

Contras

friendships with people who were not United States citizens was prohibited

It was ok

Couldve had better leadership. Im indifferent about my experience there. It was good and bad. Bittersweet to leave early. Make sure when you talk to a recruiter you do your research and check up on what you want to do in the military. Otherwise theyll con you into deals that you dont really want to take. Dont settle for less than what you want.

the army

not fun to work. The army is terrible leadership is non existent. and everyone is all about themselves. !

Good overall

Love the flexibility to learn new things and grow. Great sense of mission. Met some fabulous people along the way. Don’t like the promotion process at all. Leadership needs more diversity.

The Military Should Be A Last Resort

I mainly served to create opportunities for myself and to break the cycle of poverty. In the military you are a robot, there will always be someone over you that you have to appease no matter what rank you are, and you will lose a part of your soul. If you want the opportunity to attend college for free and to unlock amazing perks of being an honorable discharged veteran, serve no more than 4 years of active duty. You will not come out of the service as the same person though.

Sometimes it gets boring

There is always a lot of documentation to read and create. If you like a fast pace work environment this is not that. On the plus side you probably will not get fired.

Pros

Slow pace so low streas

Work is sometimes dull

Employees are not appreciated

I have worked for DoDEA, department of defense education activity for 16 years. The first few years were wonderful, we had summer enrichment opportunities for teachers and collaborative meetings with teachers in other locations. Now we are overworked our class sizes have doubled and we are tasked with meaningless work. This year there is a mass exodus out of DoDEA due to poor leadership at every level. It is sad to see our military children suffering from the constant turnover of teachers.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Sense of Purpose but some bad management at times.

the comradery within the lower ranks is great. Upper management can be a pain at times depending on the operational tempo. Overall it is a decent job with good benefits but it is not for everyone.

Pros

healthcare, job security

work/life balance
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great pay and job security

Very toxic work environment between management and workers. If you don't party and drink with management you don't advance. Complete disconnect between managers and leadership wich makes project completion almost impossible.

Pros

Work schedule of 4 10s

Toxic and stressful environment
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place for promotions if you are part of the preferred personnel

The problem is it is a great job, but there are bullies and backstabbers. Management knows but prefers to do nothing. Once I became older the assistance to climb the ladder waned, even though I was highly rated for my work. Men do well there.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Room for advancement and bread job security

Mission critical work can be hard to meet deadlines but with open lines of communication things can be streamlined. Top heavy management can be tricky

Pros

Training

Micromanaging

Easy slow paced work

Exactly what you would expect from government work. Job is in supply chain/logistics, but is very simple and easygoing. Total job security and great pension. Only negative is no WFH

Stable work environment

I enjoy working as a DOD Civilian, the pay employee benefits are great. I have worked for the DOD since September 2010 and have nothing negative to say about my tenure.

Pros

Great Department to work and thrive in.

It's a job

Company allows for learning and growth however logistical wise your output can be stifeled due to the need of steps through other employees. Same supervisor grading both employees but will not mediate.

Pros

Learning potential

Distrustful
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

I would return to work there now if I could.

I found that the five years that I was employed with DOD was the most balanced and rewarding job that I have ever had. If communications broke down between workers we were encouraged to repair the problems ourselves through the guidance on the supervisors. Quarterly company meetings kept us abreast of the direction of management. Every employee was considered for advancement and given every opportunity for assistance in that direction.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Management is poor, but the rest of the staff is superb!

They hire great people, and the pay and benefits are very good. They allow no input from staff. They are going towards the open classroom which was abandoned by thousands of schools in the 70s for good reason.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en United States Department Of Defense. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general