United States Postal Service

Puntuaciones por categoría

2,9Equilibrio vida personal/laboral

Ordenar por

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 30.723 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 30.724 evaluaciones

Demasiada exigencia/ poca paga

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
El proceso de contratación para cartero RCA es demasiado lento. Me tardaron 3 meses en lo que fue evaluaciones y entrevistas antes de comenzar el entrenamiento de academia. Después me mandaron una carta pidiendo que renunciara a mi trabajo anterior de 40+ horas a la semana solo para enterarme que iba a trabajar con ellos como cartero suplente trabajando 1 día a la semana. Correcto, un día a la semana. Exigen que estés disponible para trabajar 7 días a la semana, y aclaran que no se adaptan a tu horario de otro trabajo o familiar. Te ilusionan con la posibilidad de hacerte cartero permanente Rural Carrier regular de ruta. Eso puede tardar hasta 2 años. Éste trabajo es para alguien que dispone de tiempo, flexibilidad y dinero de otra fuente de ingresos. No es tanto para alguien que tiene que mantener una familia. Ya si te hacen Regular de ruta, ahí apenas vale la pena porque trabajarias 45 horas a la semana con buena paga y beneficios.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good pay and good benefits once you have been there a year.

Being an RCA at the post office is one of the worst jobs you can have. I suppose it can be different depending on your location but where I was located we were given extra work almost every day and working at 6-7 days a week every week.

No life outside

Don’t have a family! you’ll never see them.I was worked over 24 days straight 4AM-10PM some days.It was awful. I wouldn’t ever do this again.Some of the workers were nice but management was mediocre

Not good run

No work life balance at all managers don't help or have concern for employees. Only good thing with this job is clocking out. And the environment is very toxic

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

This is a great place to have a career and be able to grow and advance throughout your career. You have many different job details that you can detail and learn if you are open to change, learning and advancing yourself. The opportunity to excel and have a wonderful career is endless within the United States Postal Service.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Worst place ever

The worst place to work if you have a family, worked 7 days 12 hours daily no time for nothing we worked daily as the mail flow came in meaning we didn’t have a designated schedule. If they called in the morning we had to drop everything to get to work! Think twice about working here!
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

People don’t usually the quit jobs, they quit the people

Culture is such that management is chosen by who wants the jobs instead of who is the best fit for the job. So, weasels and bootlickers thrive in this environment. The job is extremely demanding but that’s ok. If you mix that with poor management that has never done the work that they are managing……. That’s where problems start

Pros

They pay you

Contras

High demand, you will ALWAYS be working, wear and tear on your body, every move is tracked and timed .
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

This job has potential to be good but management ruins it.

Terrible management, unrealistic workload, multiple times my paycheck was flawed by the “System” leaving me with a $0 paystub, 0 benefits as a RCA, Do it or else kinda work environment. Would not recommend this job to anyone wish I never wasted the time I put in to a very unappreciative service to the community.

Productive, Challenging

Lots of challenging opportunities. You just have to go for it in order to find out what the postal service really has to offer. They have lots of opportunities for advancement if you prove to be a good asset for them. Try it

Not what it was

USPS is not what it use to be. They will work you to death, the pay is not a living wage anymore. Nobody wants to work for management that treats you like you are worthless but mandate you to work 12hr days. It is not an easy job by any means, I enjoy the job just everything else is a disaster within the organization.

It is a solid job

Good and bad like with any work place. If you stick with it you will move upward unpredictable work daily is you work through the changing event this is for you.

They pay just enough to keep you there...DONT GET HURT

I am sorry to tell you that this company is the worst I have ever worked for. When I started, I worked 60 days straight 12 hour days. It dropped down to 6 days after the holiday and stayed that way until I became career 2 years later. Management does not care for their employees. I was the union rep and met people nationwide and all complaints were the same across the board. I suggest you dont waste your time.

Horrible management

The managers work you like dogs. They are rude and mean. They act like drill sergeants unless they think you are cute and then you can do whatever you want.

Good coworkers long hours

My coworkers were great, the hours were long and got around 1 day off every 2 weeks. It’s exhausting but can be a fun job. You will do every route in the building by the end of your time there. If fully staffed it’s a great place to work.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Beware of this company and Job.

I worked here for usps as an RCA, was not told this was a part time position, was lettered 40 one week, another week less than, I worked barely 2 days of work for every two weeks for a paycheck. And not to mention their trucks are outdated, I don’t understand how a company that’s been around for years has not updated their trucks. First of all the trucks have no air bags which is a safety hazard but no one wants to speak on that. And secondly no A/C I live in Texas it’s hot 24/7 at least accommodate you’re employees with something so simple as that. Management terrible they will throw you under the bus and get frustrated with you when you can’t finish your route on the time they want you to finish it. I appreciate the opportunity that was presented but I would not work for you guys ever again.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

The diversity of people you meet, work with and service.

Clock in, get scanner, gather parcels, obtain manifest, load packages on delivery truck and begin route. I really enjoy being on the road delivering in different neighborhoods. The most challenging aspect of the job is staying safe on the road at all times. There is a variety of culture. Management is a hit or miss depending on the office you report too.

Prepare to work

It is really hard to get anytime off. they will work you 2 weeks in a row and not care. They will send you to stations where pitbulls maul carriers. Their only solution is dog spray. And they even say that it doesn't work. They don't care about you as a person. If you finish early, they will send you to go help someone who was going extremely slow all day, and you have to finish their work while they go home.

Stressful

I thought it was going to be a great environment to work for but i was wrong

Not enough breaks

Micro managed, harassment driven

Stay away, far away! Not good place to work for most. Over worked all the time, won’t hire workers to cover extra work load, harassment management. Not a good environment.

Unorganized and Micro Managed

Do not work for Cleveland post offices. They're run horribly and you work 6 days a week. Once the holiday season hits, you work to and upwards of 60-70 hours a week (mandatory).
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

This is a highly stressful place to work

I’ve worked for the post office for six years and each year it gets harder and harder due to the high turnover The post office do give job security they don’t easily fire you

Pros

Job security don’t fire

Contras

Over worked high turnover people quit all the tome
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en United States Postal Service. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general

3,0 de 5 estrellas en Cultura laboral
  • Empresas
  • United States Postal Service
  • Evaluaciones de empleados
Dinos cómo podemos mejorar esta página
¿Qué agregarías o cambiarías?