Versum Materials

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 73 evaluaciones

High Stress, no appreciation

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
This job had a great schedule and pay, but was very stressfull. Lots of walking and limited breaks. I was not a fan of working here. Very dangerous job working with hazardous gases and chemicals.

Pros

Pay

Hazardous
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good people to work for and with.

Great place to work (Catoosa, OK). From the plant manager down, it's like a family. It can be very dangerous work, but you are trained well before you do any task.

Unbalanced work/life

Stay woke!! Document everything! The Management there is not the most honest folks. They are unprofessional. Lots of favoritism. Which made working there very frustrating and disappointing.

¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great job and a good group people to work with.

This a great job, you do work hard and it requires a great deal of on your feet time. It's challenging and rewarding. This is a job with a lot of room for personal growth and knowledge. It is very structured and exact, with little room for error. Safety is the number one, two and three priority every second of the day. What we do is hazardous but controls are put in place for your safety and the safety of others.

Pros

Industry growth and job security.

Contras

Company restructuring and evolving guidelines and procedures.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Productive place to work at with plenty of time to unwind.

Overall it is a great place to work at. Especially to gain experience for recent college graduates. The days off are great with with the shift work available.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Good place for entry level work

Versum is a very good employer, the work is not bad. Unfortunately the job is not a good fit for me. In my opinion the assignment would be great for a person entering the work force.

Good place but boring

Professional and clean but the work is very boring, good benefits and pay make it worth it if you're alright with doing repetitive tasks all day every day.

Pros

Pay

Boring

Good paying job

If you have a disability, do not let them know,you will be looking for a job.I was hired and things we’re looking great and I brought it to my manager’s attention that I have a disability ( combat veteran) I explained that the walk from the parking lot to the work site was hurting my leg. I believe it to be close to a mile. The manager called HR and I was fired on the spot Exact words used “ we can’t use you at any of our facilities so we are letting you go.

Management needs work

Company compensates employees fairly but not above average. Management needs improvement. Leads on manufacturing floor need traininng on how to communicate with team members and leading by example. Provides food every now and then. Benifits are decent. Stressful demands of employees on production floor. Overtime is a must. Works certain holidays.

Pros

average wage, average benifits, some food, average vacation time.

Contras

lack of management support, Leads need retraining or switched out. stressful workplace. demand over employees well being.

17 agosto 2020
The company provides market competitive wages and benefits. Employee development is valued and placed as a priority. The company encourages feedback and dialogue between employees and managers. In this current pandemic, there are many additional stresses that we must work through. This is a 24/7 production environment. This industry is vital and we must operate to meet customer requirements and remain a viable business through this crisis. We also encourage our employees to take their earned vacation hours and rest and recharge

Need to bring your own experiance.

Most senior staff are just waiting to retire,no incentive to train anyone. If you want a full description, you need too componsate the author accordingly.

Pros

Pay

Training and safety.

22 septiembre 2020
Newly hired employees receive extensive New Employee Safety Training, and On-The-Job Training. These employees are trained by skilled workers in their area. Our Analytical Lab has employees with a full range of experience from new graduates, mid-career technicians, to senior chemist all with the desire to learn and actively improve our processes. Growth and development opportunities are available and employee driven through our performance and development program.

productive company with fun employees

Employees have been working at this company for years 10+ years. I strongly believe that they are what keep people here. There is a strong sense of teamwork. Many desirable skills were taught in this company from chromatography, spectroscopy, gas chromatography, etc. There was a lot of room for growth as cross-training was one of their main priorities. Hardest part of the job is management and communicating workload/deadlines with management. Although you're paid as salary, you must stay 8 full hours although work is done early and also, need to stay longer hours until work is completed with no overtime (10+hours).

Pros

long term employees

workload, salary pay

7 julio 2020
Versum Materials has a tradition of excellence that has been built by passionate, talented people who are driven to succeed in their careers. Working together, we thrive in this environment and we are proud to make a difference. Versum provides a generous benefits package and is market-competitive in its’ salary structure. We are employee development focused with safety and quality at the forefront of everything we do.

Overall great!

Only reason leaving, covid has forced my wife on unemployment. Needed to supplement two incomes. Decent bonus, great work life balance. Cons, take over by another company has left questions open. Benefit changes to take place 2021. No clue what they are.

26 mayo 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We understand these are difficult times for everyone and wish you well.

Great compensation and relaxed workplace environment.

The company paid above average industry wage. The relaxed, but inclusive work environment was empowering. It was a family from the offices to the warehouse. I would still be there today if the local operations had not relocated 800 miles away.

12 mayo 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We do value every single one of our employees and strive to foster an inclusive environment across all of our locations.

The company is under organizational change due to acquisition by a German company

The company was acquired by a German Company in 2019 since then, the company currently is under major organizational changes. Job security is a concern.

Pros

competitive 401k

Contras

acquired by other company, job secruity is a concern

4 febrero 2020
With our acquisition by Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, we anticipate numerous career opportunities for our employees to grow within the expanded organization. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn from a global leader in safety and innovation.

A Poorly Managed, Dangerous Environment

I worked for this company for three years and was treated as someone with very low intellect the entire time because I only had a bachelors in science. Management adopted blanket policies that mandate that everyone treat handling water and innocuous abrasives like extremely dangerous chemicals. After noticing that employees were ignoring the safety policies due to how unreasonable and burdensome PPE requirements were, I explained the situation to management and was treated as a boat rocker and eventually fired for a minor safety violation.

12 mayo 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We value the safety and wellbeing of our employees above all. This includes not only programs and protections from workplace hazards but also a strong focus on career development for every team member. We encourage all employees to escalate any safety concerns. In fact, it is a key component of our safety culture. Every concern is treated with thorough and timely consideration.

Great company to work for. Especially if you are wanting to gain knowledge of chemistry and process Technology. Mangers are also very supportive and encouraging .

22 enero 2020
Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear you feel supported and encouraged by your managers, as we hope all of our employees do. Training and education are very important components at Versum.

Poor place to work

Poor place to work, Poor insurance, Huge cuts to benefits such as short term disability. Much more emphasis placed on shareholder profits than employee well being

Pros

Good safety culture

See review

27 enero 2020
Versum Materials provides its employees with a full range of benefit choices to support both professional achievement and personal well-being. Versum strives to provide competitive benefits by annually monitoring and benchmarking the range of offerings as well as the offerings’ costs to ensure they are at market. Versum’s offerings are considered rich for the size of the company and industry.

Interesting work, fair compensation nice people

Nice place to work, good benefits. Good teamwork environment. Working nights and weekend were rough, compressed work schedule enables a lot of time off.

Pros

compressed work schedule, nice people

Night/weekend schedule

7 enero 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We deeply value hearing from our current and former employees. The compressed work week is something that is discussed with candidates during the interview process.

Very good contractor job.

Some management treated employees very well. Some other managers, however, showed favoritism, especially toward female employees. This seemed to be an ongoing issue, even resulting in an HR investigation. Wages were pretty good compared to work load. Company had emphasis on safety. Only caviet was the medical insurance was expensive. Good job, too bad we lost our contract at the customer site.

7 enero 2020
Thank you for your feedback. Even though we are no longer onsite with this customer, all concerns are still taken very seriously and management is aware of this review.

Good pay and benefits but toxic work enviroment

The customer and management communication make this place a toxic work enviroment. All jokes aside I felt safer around the dangerous gases and chemicals we work with than dealing with management and the customers contradicting information and instructions. most enjoyable part of the job was being on a shift that worked together and a supervisor that cared. Hardest part of the job was listening to the complaining about the ex-military guys getting higher pay and levels after being hired, but they couldn't complain to management cause most of the management was ex-military at that time.

Horrible management

Poor management. Alot of good hard workers had to sit back and watch as managers played favorites, advance the wrong people and just play spiteful games.

5 diciembre 2019
We appreciate your honest feedback and will continue to review areas for improvement within the company.

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Versum Materials. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general