Vinnell Arabia

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 121 evaluaciones

Good pay and benefits.

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Good pay. Good benefits. lots of time off. Long drives to work. Yearly issues with the prime contract and uncertainty. Very US military oriented and difficult to progress in your career path due to US Military requirements.

Great Company

Great Pay Great Sick Leave PolicyGreat Insurance Great living conditionsWeekends OffCompany Provides VisaPleasant Work Surroundings A really nice place to work
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

like your a private in the Army again...

stressful work environment, demand for multiple tasks against PWS demanded, and going against the contract is rampant. Loyal to the dollar. Corrupt individuals
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Ok work place but contract is going away.

It has been ok working for this company. The contract is going away at the current moment. I enjoyed most of my co-workers and some management. Little room for advancement.

Pros

Decent pay and benefits.

Contras

Working in Saudi Arabia away from family.

Great ability to travel

The job was very good, but some of the Leaders in charge did not understand their professional responsibility and they expiation of their leadership role. There is a lot of the good old boys in system in place. So it's not what you know it's more who you know. I enjoyed the job, but I had a couple of terrible leader.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Great to get in the door

Overall the pay is the only thing keeping people. Management doesn't listen and honestly doesn't care. If youre looking for an opportunity to network for a better job its not a bad option.

Pros

Pay

Managment

Not a stable environment

Do as I say not as I do environmentMismanagement of funds and timePay is low for overseasManagement gets big bonuses while the people doing the work get extremely much less. Example my manager would receive $12-$15K quarterly while I received $400 once
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Definitely about who you know

Communication was rarely adequate. If you have an Army background, you have an automatic in. I did not have an Army background, so it was a constant struggle. There were individuals for whom I was responsible that were sabotaging me with my manager. My manager was incredibly difficult to work with and had extremely unreasonable expectations.

Pros

Good money, living conditions adequate

Contras

Nearly every other aspect of working for this company
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great group of employees that enjoy working together

I had a positive experience with Vinnell Arabia. At times the costumers were difficult to get to commit to training, however a good place to work. You make what you can of it.

Pros

Coworkers, benefits.

Contras

Excessive management focus primarily on former military officers.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a terrible place to work but could be MUCH better.

CSD (Community Services Division) is TOXIC Senior management is GARBAGE. Work for any other section but that one and you will be okay! If you have the chance to go aviation then go that route.

Pros

Able to meet good people and experience the Saudi culture.

Working for CSD

Join at own risk

While Saudi is not bad, the company is a train wreck. Management is self-serving and untrustworthy. If you want an adventure and a decent paycheck its not bad. If you expect to be treated like a human being, vinnell is not for you. Contracting is a tough gig, but they make it much harder than it needs to be. Just know going in, it is not the company it once was.

Pros

Pay and benefits are decent

Management and work environment

Great Company to work

I wish I could go back there now, I miss the opportunity to stay longer in that great environment, the job is challenging but very rewarding. The accomodation andcompensation is also awesome

Management Issues

I was asked to create an entire courseware set based off of my past experience, which I was able to accomplish. Bearing that in mind, when I did apply for a promotion, I was passed over even though I was the more qualified (Experience, College Education, and Knowledge of company operations), in lieu of an lesser qualified individual who was “friends” with the current management. This type of selection is not in keeping with good ethical values and does not inspire employees.

Vinnell Arabia

The current position is Fire Inspector II working at Khashm Al An military air base. The hours range from an 8 to 10 hour work schedule, depending on the work load. The position provides the opportunity to train Saudi Arabian National Guard soldiers in Fire Fighting techniques. The culture provides the chance to explore and develop an understanding into the Saudi heritage and customs. The most difficult aspect of the job is traveling to and from work. As with any large metropolis traffic can be a challenge. Working in the Kingdom, provides the opportunity to travel as Riyadh is a central hub for various airlines. The chance to travel throughout the region, provides many chances to travel to places otherwise never thought of visiting. The management is similar to that of a fire department in the states. The chance to continue with professional development, career promotion has been rewarding. The employment also provides a solid financial foundation, to improve quality of life and other essentials.

Pros

Promotion opportunity

restricted social activities

Not a bad place to work

12.5 hours a day, anywhere from 5 to 7 days a week depending on manning and other officers vacation schedule. Tracking movement of United States Army personnel inside and outside the country. Safety and security of all personnel assigned. Investigate security incidents from traffic accidents to security incidents. Writing reports, Issuing weapons, keeping daily logs.

Bad Management very Racial

Management cares about profit over people. Groups devide down racial lines. Lots of discrimination against blacks and whites. Both black and white do not care for the Saudis. Shameful....
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Works to provide the customer with a quality service

Works closely with Saudi nationals to accomplish goals. Trains employees to work anywhere in the kingdom. Making the force more self sufficient and capable.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

It's not as bad as they say

Teachers, other educators, and various mercenaries always complain about working at Vinnell Arabia, a subsidiary of Northrop Grumman, home of the "best trainers in the world," It's not that bad, really.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place to work if you wouldn't mind staying in a shared dormitory-like apartment

Good place to work except the living conditions. Living conditions in this company are so wanting and they are made even worse by the old piping system whereby the smell is not channeled well from the bathrooms. Also apartments are too small and they're like dormitories.

Pros

Good salary

lack of career advancement
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

i do not reccomend anyone go there

management is not employee friendly. The Chiefs are the ones that really make it a terrible place to work. Most of them act as if they are the ones that owns the company

Serving our Military, Best company to work for in Middle East

Best management and staff Great work environment Many opportunities for advancement Paid on the job training & certification Competitive pay scale Housing provided Transportation provided Company phone Tax exempt income Many other perks
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Vinnell Arabia. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general