Vulcan Materials Company
3.6 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Vulcan Materials Company

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 457 evaluaciones

overall good job

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
i didnt really have a problem with the work. It was really the commute. The local management was fair and easy to work for. The trucks were maintained regularly, and kept in good shape.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

To many managers and supervisors and not enough workers.

You are overworked and it is not appreciated. You can voice your concerns and management and human resources do not get back with you or offer any guidance.

Pros

Paid time off.

Good company, bad management

Management preaches safety. Yet they love putting pressure and hurrying employees. If the employee gets hurt or makes a mistake it’s always on the employee. At the Placitas pit, management likes cutting corners to look good in the books if they get caught it’s on the employees.

Pros

The job is easy

Contras

Bad Management, no help, no employee appreciation, if anything wrong ever happens for bad management they look for a way to pin it on an employee.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good place to work for experience

This job will teach you experience within maintenance and operations. You will get good pay initially, but will only receive cost of living raises of around 50 cents each year. No performance raises given unless you transfer quarry locations.

Pros

As much overtime as you want, good experience

Contras

No career growth, no pay raises, No work/life balance, buddy system within mgmt, mgmt only out for themselves
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great people and customers to work with, for the most part.

I would highly recommend this company, as long as you have a great team to back you. Depending on the position, your hours and schedule may vary. I enjoyed my time there.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Great company to work for but pay is below industry standard.

I have had a great time working here and have learned a lot. Excellent company to work for great benefits but unfortunately the pay needs to be better.

Pros

Paid holidays, company matched 401k, quarterly safety lunches for no accidents.

Contras

Expensive healthcare and low pay.

Excellence expected

Excellence is expected from all team members. Gratitude is given with praise, but not monetarily. The month end hours are long and are rewarded occasionally with a couple of hours off. Staffing shortages often require increased duties, but none of the payroll savings of the company for the shortage are shared with those who have taken on the extra work.

Fun place to work.

It's a fun place to work but not enough diversity. It needs more diversity especially at the plant i work at. It's also my dream job. Hopefully i plan on retiring there.

Pros

Good pay

Needs more diversity
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Worked a lot of hours. When I first started it was 12 hour days and worked saturdays. I was a single dad so I missed out in my sons activities . Then my mom got cancer so I quit.

Pros

No micro managing

Lot of hours

Great benefits good 401k

The Good the people that work there are great. The bad long hours not appreciated management needs training on scheduling jobs on equipment. Good benefits. Human resources tells you what you want to hear buy it's a lie

Pros

Free lunches gokd benefits

No home life long hours

Long hours good pay

Benefits and pay are really well but they never give you a heads up on weekend work. Always something to do there so never have to worry about a job.

Pros

Money

Hours. Management

Fun and challenging

Was a good place to work if you like long hours The few bad people made it harder for the people who actually worked. The managers were young but most worked very hard and were conscious of your issues and home life

Pros

Pay, food

No help
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good benifits and pay thats it

The company as a whole isn't bad but the management is a joke. They claim to care about your family and you spending time with them but never actually do anything to support their words. You work 12 hours a day 6 days week minimum and more than likely will work 12 plus hours. They claim you won't work that much when your hired but its a lie. They claim safety is the most important thing and nothing goes against that but when the plant goes down everything gets thrown out the window. All this company cares about is how much tons they can produce well at least at Palmdale, CA that's all they care about. If you speak up about being over worked more than likely you will get told to sit down and shut up and do your job or they will just write you up. Overall this company is not worth the pay and the benifits unless you don't care about having free time or a family then it's perfect for you.

Pros

Good pay and benifits

Contras

Extremely long hours and work weeks, poor management, and only caring about their emploeyes when it benifits them.

Schedule is unpredictable

Good place to work, lot of fun running heavy equipment as big as a house. Work is pretty easy but working in the shipping department kinda sucks because our schedule is affected and decided buy boat traffic.

Stay away

You don't know what time you're getting off till the day of and will not know if you're working the weekend till Friday and sometimes even Saturday late afternoon. Claim to be family oriented, NOT true you're at work more then at home. Extremely poor leadership from management, lack of communication from management and co workers. You will work 50 to 70 hours a week, they will always tell you what you want to hear such as promises to move up or be trained on other equipment but they only tell you that to keep you around. To this company you're just a number in a computer to line their pockets while you miss out on time with family or friends you will miss events funerals etc this place does not care about you.

Contras

Bad management, underpaid, bad communication

Safety first

Worked at VMC Corona Quarry for over 25 years before we left California. Gr8 place to work if U like OT. Gr8 compensation and benefits. Sometimes a Little BS(CV19) from Management, but Nobody’s perfect! I was a Utility Operator in our Production Pit. Miss my co-workers and the good/bad times

Pros

Gr8 Compensation/Benefits

Some BS

Just don’t.

Stay clear of this place. They claim to be a family company that cares for their employees which is 100 percent not true. Be prepared to work anywhere from 50-60 hour weeks with absolutely no benefit in return. You never know when you’re getting off for the night, no sense of organization and there is a HUGE lack of communication between management and dispatch as well as the employees. Employees are calling out left and right with no reprimand. Not to mention the shape the equipment and trucks are in. Parts on the trucks are falling apart and you voice these concerns with management and it takes weeks for anything to get fixed. Even if these concerns are safety related. As long as it can get the job done, they don’t care. They are handing out 1000 sign on bonus yet don’t want to give their current employees a reason to stay. Go somewhere else and do not waste your time working for this company.

Pros

Good coworker relations

Everything else

Best ever

Best company I have ever worked for. Va locations are the best and a real family. I transfered to another location within company and was a mistake. Working on coming back to my area shortly.

Pros

Benefits, lunches, growth

Contras

Some areas south not good

Fast pace,fun

Been with vulcan about a year now. I do alot at the quarry I'm at. I love my job and what I do. The guys I work with are like family. Some things could be better but thats above my pay grade. Vulcan is a great company to work for.

Pros

Learn different aspects of quarry life

Extreme weather
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Unrealistic expectations and goals. Understaffed.

Good place to work for the experience. Didn’t see much room for advancement and higher ups had unrealistic expectations. Overwork you with little help.

Pros

Decent starting pay

Contras

Loud environment, long hours, understaffed
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good job for learn but no for stay if you are looking to grow

All the management has no idea on what they are doing.. lousy communication in all sense..If you rent a trailer, they force you to park in their yard.. paying of courseGood job during summer, really bad during winter and rainy days

Pros

Home everyday, fair rates in almost all contracts, flexible time

Contras

Poor management, very slow during rainy days and cold weather, some contracts are a joke paying ridiculous rates
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Vulcan Materials Company. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general