Vulcan Materials Company
3,6 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Vulcan Materials Company

RelevanciaCalificaciónFecha
Mostrando las 477 evaluaciones

overall good job

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
i didnt really have a problem with the work. It was really the commute. The local management was fair and easy to work for. The trucks were maintained regularly, and kept in good shape.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Great place to work everyone was friendly and always willing to show you something. The management staff is always willing to help any way they can.

Pros

Pay

Paid bi weekly
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Very stable and pays we’ll depending on your plant

I’ll be done with this company soon(my 1- year anniversary). If your simply looking for a good paying local Cdl position with stability then Vulcan is perfect. They have a lot of work for you so you’ll get 40+ hrs most weeks all year around. You only spend about 4hrs at the most actually driving per day. The rest of your time is spent checking and delivering/pouring your load. Understand that you will be handing over your life to them monday-Friday because you’ll get a start time when you call in at 630pn every day. You’re practically on call. If you come to work on time everyday and do your job without returning loads( customers pay over $1k per 10 yard load) then you’ll have nothing to worry about.

Pros

Paid holidays, good amount of vacation even for new employees, lots of work, good pay

Contras

Scheduling, loads come at random, no actual lunch break

Would reconsider

Your first assumption of the site is that it looks like an okay operation. You see the machines at work, you see the mountains of material, and you see the activity within the yard. But what you don’t see til you get hired on is the truth about the place. When I first hired on, I was told “we do not want operators who just want to operate and nothing else, you will have to be on the ground sometimes too.” Okay, fair enough. But what they don’t tell you is that “we don’t want new operators who just want to operate and nothing else” and contradict themselves by putting you on the ground for every little thing. If your loader breaks down, on the ground. If someone else’s loader breaks down, they’re on your machine and you’re on the ground. Management is a mess, but the supervisor is a good person as a person. The front desk woman is a phenomenal person and very helpful with what you need, do not let me make you think they are not good people. But the work life will make you want to pull your hair out and stress over it. When I first signed on, there had to have been a catch. The pay is decent, the benefits are on day 1, and the 2 floating holidays seem like incentives to make you stay and suffer. When it’s too good to be true, it usually is. Maybe in a few years you can try this place, but I would strongly reconsider working here if you’re looking for work. If you come here to be an operator, you’re a full time laborer, part time operator. So you’re pretty much a laborator.

Pros

Pay, benefits

Contras

Backwards policies, contradicting statements, never in one place, more labor than not, no lunch breaks all the time, higher management doesn’t know what they’re doing.

Average Company with a Work all the time mindset

Pay is average and slow to react to societal changes in labor market. Pay is low for management and interns. No work/life balance at all....all work and made to feel bad if you don't want that. Benefits are average but vacation/sick time is not on par with the industry at all!

Pros

Coworkers are great!

Contras

No life if you work there.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Greatest job I ever had

If I didn't have to move back to Colorado, I would have spent my entire career with Vulcan. They're constantly upgrading equipment and maintaining it. They actually care about their employees. Management there are actually leaders and not just bosses. You aren't just a number. Extremely smooth and well staffed company.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Less workers than a construction siteHow they remove and build dirt roads through the Quarry

Being aware of the Dump Truck Drivers. Everything with them is always a rush so you have to always know how to move and drive safely when driving through the Quarry.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Most unsafe, unorganized company I have ever had the nightmare to work for.

Left a 22 year job after a offer to come work for Vulcan, BUT.....What a joke, just a dump ran by the most unexperienced clowns imaginable. Safety was non existant, I literally watched a guy have to use a rock as a hammer on 2 occasions because people always stole our tools off trucks. A total FUBAR place to work. Mainly they employ Latinos that dont speak english because thats all the only people that would not leave after a week of seeing how bad things are there. And don't get me started on the glove Na*i (safety boss) that wouldnt even give you a pair of safety gloves if your life and hands depended on it. I destroyed my back (2 surgeries) after working there 3 months but all good, I sued them for big bucks. Avoid this death trap idiot fest at ALL cost.

Contras

I could write a book in all the NEGATIVES about working for them, but not worth my time.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Stressful and Poor Management.

They care more about themselves rather the employees! Way too strict and HR is a joke will find anything too pick at you with or fire decent employees. New Operators and experienced operators stay clear, your just a number there. They’ll replace you in a heartbeat if you don’t brown nose management!

It can be stressful

Management does not care about you they make it seem like they do but all they care about is you not getting hurt so they don't have to pay. They always hire plant managers that don't seem to know what they are doing you give them better ideas and they ignore you until they come up with the same idea. We have had great supervisors that they let go and keep the idiots that don't know the difference between their right hand from the left.

Pros

Health insurance is good

Contras

You have to be a kiss a** if you want to move up or be noticed I'm no kiss a**
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good paid,poor managment,no work balance.

You don't have work life balance,racism it's present in this fort Myers quarry,lack of communication it's the order of the day,let's blame it's the favorite game,poor managment and managers actitudes,work conditions uncomfortable and more things,bunch of lissy workers,they play favorites.

Terrible management!!!

The local management is terrible! I dont believe they really follow the true Vulcan culture as laid out by the corporate office. They go through too many logistic managers.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Good

Good place to work safe good pay best place that I have ever worked at very clean they take care of of there people pay is great training is good everything is good what more do you want to know just appreciate that they are a great place to work for good work place lots of overtime to work

Pros

Good

Contras

Good
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Never liked working somewhere so much

Honestly, this is a great place to work! The management has been incredible and is always there to help with all your concerns and needs! Very happy!

My Experience

typical day at work starts off good for the most part. sometime given confusing instructions but that's normal just ask for clarification. What I learned is, when a manager says his door is always open, don't always believe it. when I asked for help, I was talked down to and belittled so I flat out stopped asking for any help. My assistant plant manager was great though. Workplace culture is great. we always joked around with each other, and everything said was just for laughs. The hardest part of the job was not being able to connect with the plant manager who made it known to a few people that he wanted me gone. I'm not sure he knows that almost everyone there had no issue telling me things that were said. I was glad they did at first, because I thought I could make things right and try talking it out with him to overcome our differences, but he was not receptive at all. At the end of the day, he found a reason to get rid of me. Even though he lied to do so, I am thankful to have worked with the other people who I worked with, including him for at least the part of the time he was my manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was starting off our morning with banter, jokes and going over safety before we started our equipment for the day.

Company is good

Good Company gooD benefits Long hours Management is good they listen and instruct if you need help. Paid vacation paid 401k and they match 6 percent it’s a good place to retire

Fast paced

It's not about what they can do for you in times of need but what you can do for them sad to say ran a plant canceled 2 vacations in which they were huge family emergencies both cancer procedures to cover for a boss and help out when needed but when asked later to take a vacation was released
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Terrible culture, pretend to be "safety first"

The quarry in Juliette Georgia is a joke. They are hypocrits when it comes to safety. Production "always" supercedes safety. And you are not treated as man, but as an employee with no experience in the work force. No matter your prior experience, if you're new to Vulcan then you're new to working. Long hours and 6 days a week. It's a buddy system. There is no consistency in your work day, you are constantly being moved around and told to do multiple things at once.

Pros

Vulcan itself has good benefits and paid holidays off.

Contras

Terrible culture, treated like a pawn in a broken game of chess

Good place to learn

This job will teach you experience within maintenance and operations. You will get good pay initially, but will only receive cost of living raises of around 50 cents each year. No performance raises given unless you transfer quarry locations or change positions
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Was worst experience of my life.

Will never work for vulcan again. Bad training bad management. Don't mention you have a life outside of vulcan they will laugh at you and tell you that you can always not have a job. They expect you be perfect and if not your fired. They don't give you anytime to adjust when switching between night/day shift They run you into the dirt if you let them.

Pros

Pay was decent benifits not bad

The whole job
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Not a good place to work. Not a balance or work life/home life. Expect to live there with no complaints.

Not a good work place to balance work life/home life. Mandatory to work 12 hours or more Mon thru Fri, and 6 hours on Saturday. Not a job for someone with young kids or kids in school. A blatant disregard for employees home life. The quote is…”It’s the Vulcan way!”

Pros

Good benefit package.

Contras

Management say one thing and do another and expect to work at least 12/13 hours a day.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz una pregunta sobre cómo es trabajar o entrevistarse en Vulcan Materials Company. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general